Making a tinder account when you're 17?

I know you have to be 18 for tinder, but I kind of want an account. I actually want to meet people, I don't want it for hook ups. What are your opinions on if I made one, but said I'm 17 in my bio and made it so I only match with people who are 18 or 19?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Borderline jailbait/entrapment.
    If you just want to meet people, you can probably find some "meeting" apps and services. Like Meetup. But instead, you're choosing a dating app. Huh-hoh... and it's not OkCupid you're choosing. You're choosing Tinder which has more of a reputation of being intended for hookups.
    So the question is: Are you choosing the wrong service to "meet people", or are you lying to yourself, or are you lying to us, hoping to get some kind of green light for going and hooking up?

0|0
    0|0
    • Meet up is 18+ too. That's why I wanted to say my age in my bio so they know. I do genuinely want to meet people, but I know its mainly for hook ups but I don't know any other apps to use

• I mentioned Meetup.
      If you google "android apps to meet new friends", you'll find suggestions quickly. I don't know these apps, but I see the following: Patook, Meetup, Nextdoor, Bumble BFF, Hey!, We3...

If you go to Tinder, there is little doubt of what will happen, I think. So my suggestion is to use the right tool for your intended purpose. It will prevent some misunderstandings... and even then, there is still space for some misunderstandings.

• Thanks! I'll have to check those out

Most Helpful Girl

• eh that would be annoying. Its like when i show up to a party thats supposedly for college age people and find that there are a bunch of highschoolers their. its annoying

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I dont think its a good idea. Guys are extremely paranoid about underage girls. Even when its a 1 or 2 year difference. You are putting a lot at risk when you date someone who isn't at the age of consent.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thats a good point, I think 17 is the age of consent in my state. I'll have to check

• I've run into this issue before. I liked a girl and asked her what her age was she said 17 and i was 20 at the time. I instantly told her that it wasn't going to work and if she would wait a year then i would be willing to give it another shot. In her state the age of consent is 17 and in mine its 18. Hope i helped in some way =)

• Oh yea BB. If you ask me we need more barely legals in tinder πŸ˜πŸ†πŸ˜˜

0|1
    1|0
  • Tinder sucks, but do whatever you want. 17 isn't innocent.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tinder is a dark place... It's not what advertisers tell you it is (not even joking)

0|0
    0|0
  • You probably won't "meet" a lot of people on tinder, bcs most aren't looking for that.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's just a one year difference. Not a big deal

0|0
    0|0
  • You know you just wanna get pumped, kinda obvious!

0|1
    0|0
  • Girls have advantage, boys are helpless

0|1
    0|0
  • I have no idea how tinder is for girls

0|0
    0|0
  • Go for it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes