How do you feel about your partner still maintaining a friendship with their ex?

• I have no problems with that.
    Vote A
  • If they have me, why do they need them?
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• I stayed friends with an ex for a few years but her now husband clearly wasn't happy about it, and I made the decision to just fade away. It's a shame that had to happen, but was probably for the best.

In terms of my own relationships, it's sometimes been fine, and other times a little less so. I don't think a lot of contact is a great idea, but neither is hating his guts, without good reason.

1|0
    0|0
    • I’ve never really had an ex.. 🤷‍♀️. My first boyfriend died when I was 17 and from there I didn’t live again until I met my husband, but he used to still get jealous of me dead Ex 🙄

• I think sometimes the living feel they can't compete with the dead. I've heard other people occasionally mention similar things.

• Yeah that was exactly it, which is odd.. because there’s no one left to compete with.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would prefer he not have a relationship with her because he isn't with her anymore. Besides why would he care to maintain a relationship with her when he doesn't want to be with her anymore? Unless he does, which in that case we shouldn't be together.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• My current missus is mates with her ex's because she doesn't like leaving people on bad terms. It does make me worry at times but I know what her reasons are and she's open and honest about her intentions, the real question is; do you really trust him?

1|0
    0|0
    • I’m not actually in this situation, I’ve never really had an issue with ex’s but my daughters boyfriend and his ex are still friends despite the ex vocally and publicly expressing that she still wants him and that she hates my daughter. It seems odd that he’s still interacting with her.

• Oh yeah he's definitely in dangerous territory, can only really end one way from here, good luck to your daughter she deserves better anyway 😊

• I have no problems with that, i do the same thing with my ex girlfriends. But i'd watch out, because i know the ex often want sex again.. i know it because some of them sometimes tell they're lonely, sad... and try to make me give in :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I accept them being on good terms if they had kid together. Otherwise it is pointless and stupid. I don't understand friendship with person you had intercourse.

1|0
    0|0
  • The thought ruffles my jimmies a bit but as long as they’re just friends

1|0
    0|0
  • Indeed dear Witty Milf, If they have me, why do they need them?
    But on the other hand, I cannot force my partner to do anything she does not want to, and as a responsible adult, I should be able to ask her for the reasons, respect and understand her. On the other hand, I should also explain to her the fact I don't like it.

We should both be able to talk it out and find a suitable solution with maturity. If she considers him as a friend like any other friend, then it is OK as long as they respect the relationship I have with her as her partner.

1|0
    0|0
  • A friendship is different than a regular hangout buddy. I'm friends with my ex in the sense we don't hate each other and talk a few times a year

1|0
    0|0
  • It all depends on the personality of the ex, the terms they broke up on and the way my partner would act around said ex

1|0
    0|0
  • No amount of trust would make me feel okay about this. If he truly loves you he wouldn’t realize how insane that is.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't be comfortable with it at all.
    Yes it sounds like a very jealous attitude to have and it probably is.

1|0
    0|0
  • My friend is married with 3 kids and her husband’s ex girlfriend still bothers her and threatens her!

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't see a problem with that per se. If they're friends, that's cool with me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I mean you're supposed to trust your partner right? If you trust them then there's no need to be worried about them being friends with their ex

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm fine with it as long as there's no feelings anymore.

1|0
    0|0
  • If she is with me than I know she is loyal and won't go doing stuff behind my back

1|0
    0|0
  • No problem with that. What annoys me is when my ex puts her new boyfriend before our daughter!

1|0
    0|0
  • As the old saying goes "An ex is an ex for a reason!"

1|0
    0|0
  • I think that scenario is a lot more complicated then yes or no. I think it really depends on how serious your relationship is with your significant other. If things were not very serious, and the relationship was just pretty much based around sex, then I don’t think it would be a big deal at all to be friends with an ex. In addition either party probably wouldn’t have a say in the matter and that type of relationship anyway. If my wife all of a sudden wanted to start talking to one of her X’s... yeah, there would be a problem. My wife’s last boyfriend was over 10 years ago, and they haven’t talked in 10 years.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's suspicious and stupid. Like a pedophile remaining "friends" with the kids they molested. Why? There's 7 billion people in the world for them to make friends with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless they randomly work together or something, that’s just sketchy

1|0
    0|0
  • I suppose it all comes down to trust, if I trust my partner I don't see an issue

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as it won't get sexual... I have no problem with that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Let's put it this way: My girlfriend and I have been together for 8 years now. Since my 19tht until my 27th right now. She is 2 years older and has had 2 relatioships before me. One of them from her 13th until her 17th.

I dont see how that would still be important in her life, so I believe her feelings for him have long gone! Therefore I do not see a problem if they were friends. I love having friendships and maintaining them, so yes.. I am still friends with an ex. I know I dont want her back and there are no mutual feelings anymore. She is always welcome to hangout with us!

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends if they have children together or not in my opinion

1|0
    0|0
  • Me and my wife both have an ex we are friends with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't care

1|0
    0|0
  • She's chatting with your partner..

1|0
    0|0
  • Long as its only a friendship

1|0
    0|0
  • I have 0 problems with that.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm still friend with my ex. So no problem for me

1|0
    0|0
  • Heck no

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the two people.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not a good sign usually

1|0
    0|0
  • No problem

1|0
    0|0
  • Not good

1|0
    0|0
  • It's ok, but a little weird.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm friends with mine so why not

1|0
    0|0
  • If Woody Allen, okay. If not, hell no.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't care. He can be friends with his ex.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wouldn't allow it

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont like it at all

0|0
    0|0
  • That ain't a problem, but it is weird.

0|0
    0|0
  • If both your energies connect, nothing else really matters. <3 And in case you sense trouble, talk it out.

0|0
    0|0
  • 2 words... HELL NO. Unless they have children

1|0
    0|0
  • Not cool

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes