How do you feel about your partner still maintaining a friendship with their ex?

• I have no problems with that.
  • If they have me, why do they need them?

2026

Most Helpful Guy

• I stayed friends with an ex for a few years but her now husband clearly wasn't happy about it, and I made the decision to just fade away. It's a shame that had to happen, but was probably for the best.

In terms of my own relationships, it's sometimes been fine, and other times a little less so. I don't think a lot of contact is a great idea, but neither is hating his guts, without good reason.

• I’ve never really had an ex.. 🤷‍♀️. My first boyfriend died when I was 17 and from there I didn’t live again until I met my husband, but he used to still get jealous of me dead Ex 🙄

• I think sometimes the living feel they can't compete with the dead. I've heard other people occasionally mention similar things.

• Yeah that was exactly it, which is odd.. because there’s no one left to compete with.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would prefer he not have a relationship with her because he isn't with her anymore. Besides why would he care to maintain a relationship with her when he doesn't want to be with her anymore? Unless he does, which in that case we shouldn't be together.