How to end a bad fight with my boyfriend?

My boyfriend and I just got into a fight. We aren’t talking anymore, but nothing has been resolved. The last thing he said to me was that I’m about to lose a boyfriend, and I said that he’s about to lose a girlfriend. The whole fight is stupid. And I personally said that because I was mad, and I’m 95% sure he said what he said because he’s mad too. We just had the most amazing time a few days ago, and we talked about all the fun things we’re going to do together in the summer. How can we just let all that go and break up over a small little thing. I want this to end. But I’m in the right and he’s in the wrong. He keeps lying to me about this small thing when I know the truth. What can I do? I was thinking of texting him later on saying “Are we really going to let this fight break us up after all that we’ve been through and after all that we’ve talked about doing in the near future together”. Help!!

923

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok im saying this to you and to @jasleenx33

Okay 1- talk. Not out of emotions.

Tell them how you felt, suggest maybe there was a misunderstanding. Ask their side of the story. Yours is as important as theirs.

Then, express how you feel about X or Y. Express the insecurities you may feel.

Also, dont call them by their names if you usually call them by a pet name.

(by experience, being called babe or sweetie calms me lmao like "sweetie what you didn't wasn't fair" harder to get mad idk)

2- ask them if they are willing to work through this or just give up on the relationship.

If you can't talk through issues, it's likely never gonna get better.

3- remind yourself why you love them? Tell them before talking "i love you, i care about you".

I know you've heard this a thousand time but communication really is key. Just get over your pride. Don't run away as soon as there's an issue (that's how old people stay married for so long)

Most Helpful Guy

• This isn't a fight over something stupid, and you need to understand that. Its a battle of wills/dominance. He's lying to you, no matter how small the issue is, and he expects YOU to apologise, or let it go, or stop overreacting, or whatever phrase he wants to use to get you to TOLERATE HIS LYING.

The lies will get bigger. The threats to leave will become more frequent. The blame will fall on you more and more for calling him out on his lies rather than on him for lying in the first place.

My advice is to walk away. Don't threaten, don't discuss, don't give an ultimatum. Just walk. Its the only way to show him that lying won't be tolerated. If he still refuses to admit and apologise, then you've dodged a huge bullet.