How to end a bad fight with my boyfriend?

My boyfriend and I just got into a fight. We aren’t talking anymore, but nothing has been resolved. The last thing he said to me was that I’m about to lose a boyfriend, and I said that he’s about to lose a girlfriend. The whole fight is stupid. And I personally said that because I was mad, and I’m 95% sure he said what he said because he’s mad too. We just had the most amazing time a few days ago, and we talked about all the fun things we’re going to do together in the summer. How can we just let all that go and break up over a small little thing. I want this to end. But I’m in the right and he’s in the wrong. He keeps lying to me about this small thing when I know the truth. What can I do? I was thinking of texting him later on saying “Are we really going to let this fight break us up after all that we’ve been through and after all that we’ve talked about doing in the near future together”. Help!!

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok im saying this to you and to @jasleenx33

Okay 1- talk. Not out of emotions.

Tell them how you felt, suggest maybe there was a misunderstanding. Ask their side of the story. Yours is as important as theirs.

Then, express how you feel about X or Y. Express the insecurities you may feel.

Also, dont call them by their names if you usually call them by a pet name.

(by experience, being called babe or sweetie calms me lmao like "sweetie what you didn't wasn't fair" harder to get mad idk)

2- ask them if they are willing to work through this or just give up on the relationship.

If you can't talk through issues, it's likely never gonna get better.

3- remind yourself why you love them? Tell them before talking "i love you, i care about you".

I know you've heard this a thousand time but communication really is key. Just get over your pride. Don't run away as soon as there's an issue (that's how old people stay married for so long)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• This isn't a fight over something stupid, and you need to understand that. Its a battle of wills/dominance. He's lying to you, no matter how small the issue is, and he expects YOU to apologise, or let it go, or stop overreacting, or whatever phrase he wants to use to get you to TOLERATE HIS LYING.

The lies will get bigger. The threats to leave will become more frequent. The blame will fall on you more and more for calling him out on his lies rather than on him for lying in the first place.

My advice is to walk away. Don't threaten, don't discuss, don't give an ultimatum. Just walk. Its the only way to show him that lying won't be tolerated. If he still refuses to admit and apologise, then you've dodged a huge bullet.

7|4
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If it's a stupid thing, and you're too caught up in having to be "right", then it's one and the same. If you can't let it lie for now, there's no point dating.

0|1
    0|0
  • Assuming you are in fact "in the right", does it really matter to you so much to be right that you are willing to destroy what relationship you have? Read up on pyrrhic victory.

4|1
    0|0
  • Well the way to fix it is with an apology, no one has apologized an im certain of that, am i right or am i right? 😏, point is that even if you know you are right and you are still trying to "win" this argument just apologize that at the end of the day you can't change facts, be the more mature person and apologize, im not done yet hold up

1|0
    0|0
    • Now to fix problem 2, his lying issue, after the apology you nicely and calmly tell him "can you please control your lying tho, plz" this can go 2 ways he say yes i will and problem solved or he denies it, if he denies you tell him the lie and the proof that he lied and he won't have a choice to accept that he lied and he should try controlling it from then

• If he keeps lying you drop him and find a truthful person

• You caught him lying to you. Its not a little fight. If he lied to you now what if he lies again. Small or big a lie is a lie. They hurt you dont need him if he can't appologize to you. Because he's being a coward. He wants to control the situation. Dont let him make you feel belittled or think he can control the situation. A relstionship is built on trust. A relationship is 50 50 if he can't except that he is not worth your time. Dont let him play you the fool

0|0
    0|0
  • First off all, you have to talk to him, if you just let it go it might be over. When you do, do it face to face. It depends on what kind of small things he lie about, if he lie about almost everything, the your whole relationship would be a lie. If you always always believe you are right about everything, it might not work. But don't you ever, ever stop talking to the guy your dating after a fight, and don't ever, ever talk about it over text.

0|0
    0|0
  • In a relationship their has to be honesty, trust, faithfulness now by the looks of it their are two faith, trust but he can't b honest with you. he has to come to terms in what he did wrong and come to u with any problem as u would with him if u had a problem aswell. so if he want his relationship to full filled he has to be openminded an honest as u with. Him. talk it over all will be fine have faith in each other.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you really want this relationship to work you both have to try to resolve it together. You should open up with, "I know we both said a lot of things we didn't mean because we were both angry, but this small fight shouldn't split us up." Tell him how much he means to you. Also! Maybe you were partially wrong too. You should try to see things from his perspective. Also use I instead of you. The word "you" is like pointing a finger at someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he has been lying to you, why would you want him back? Let him go and find someone who will treat you better.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he's always lying about little things, they will eventually become big things he starts lying about. You should just save yourself some time and hurt feelings, and move on now while you have the chance.

0|0
    0|0
  • Send it. And bring up the lie when things are cooled off.. or never bring it up.. if you do bring it up though, consider why he's lying and dont be accusitory

0|0
    0|0
  • Possible scenario:
    Kind words to start with,
    Hugs and kisses at the end, with mutual reassurances of love,
    And between them apologies from both sides.

0|0
    0|0
  • "I'm in the right and they're in the wrong"... Every argument ever had summed up in one sentence.

1|1
    0|0
  • when you fight, fight to fix the problem not to make it worse and forget about whos fault, one of you have to surrender

0|0
    0|0
  • He decides to lie and gets upset when it gets found out? He seems pathetic. If you're going to lie, you do not throw a tantrum about it. It's like making a risky decision whilst ignoring the risks itself, then proceeding to complain when things go bad. Furthermore, isn't a relationship supposed to include both people being open to each other unless there are special circumstances?
    There is one thing though, you didn't say what the lie was about so it's impossible to say whether you are in the right or not. I'm not for lies, but there are some circumstances where it is acceptable.

0|0
    0|0
  • "He keeps lying to me about something small"? OoooO JUICY, TELL ME MORE.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s crazy because I’m in the same situation as you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just say that I'm sorry and I'm ready to get over it and ask him if he is ready to get over it to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fabulous.

What was your fight about?

0|0
    1|1
  • No matter what I love you

1|1
    0|0
  • Yah go ahead. Text him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well what are you guys fighting about

0|0
    0|0
  • Apologize, even if it may be his fault.

0|0
    2|1
  • Kiss him

0|1
    0|0
  • Go sex him up... kind and girly...

0|1
    2|1
  • Gost him and move on dont wast ur time

0|0
    0|0
  • Take the first step to say sorry I love you

0|0
    0|0
  • Fist fights solve everything loser shuts up.

0|0
    1|0
  • Forgive and forget

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, text him or call him or meet up whatever! Just give it a couple hours or a day to let everything settle. If you keep bringing up the situation, it's going to happen again and again. So at this point, he probably won't admit he's wrong until he's ready or at all. Since it's something so small and petty, I think you guys can just talk it out, apologize for the silly things that were said and move forward.

0|0
    0|0
  • Small lies tend to turn into big lies. He's mad because he got caught.
    You're 19. Don't get hung up on a dude that obviously isn't ready to be an adult.

3|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes