Guy I’m seeing jokes about me seeing someone else, is that a red flag?

Long story short, this guy and I have been talking for two months. He asked me out on a date and I said yes, however, sometimes he jokes that I should date someone else. For example, I almost cut my hand while cooking, and he said that I should date a doctor instead. I don’t know if he actually means it when he jokes about me dating someone else or if he’s insecure?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you think he's fishing for you to say like I don't want anyone else sort of cos that's what it sounds like. But that isn't a bad thing , better than a cockey shit full of themselves?

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely signs of insecurity! sucks that so early into dating he already thinks like that. For sure if you end up in a relationship, it may get worse?

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I think he might be testing your loyalty - guys want loyal girls.

0|0
    0|1
  • Well, considering the context of the single joke given I would say it was all in good faith. Otherwise, if it's a fairly consistent thing you might consider it his own insecuritys.

1|0
    0|0
  • He probably has some insecurities, but nothing massive, just tell him you wouldn't want to date anyone else the next time he says something like that.

1|1
    0|0
  • Unless you have more examples, this sounds like nothing. Just an off-hand self-deprecating very mild joke that anyone would make.

1|1
    0|0
  • He is probably insecure but i can't say for what reason. Maybe lack of self confidence, jelousy, control, etc... Think about why he must feel like that. Maybe he wasn't loved as a child or he was betrayed and now he can't trust so easily.
    For example if he is just insecure for example you could grab his palm and place it on your bandaged wound and tell him that his warmth is enough :3
    Good luck

1|0
    0|0
  • Probally a mixture of both the best way to deal with it is to joke along and if he is insecure dont get annoyed at him cause i see a lot of girl who get pissed of at insecure guys just because its not normal or weird but tbh the majorty of girls are insecure and guys dont break up with them for it

1|0
    0|0
  • Just a bad joke. One of my relationships had an ongoing joke very similar. 3 sisters, their dad told them that each of them should marry a mechanic, a lawyer, and a doctor because between the 3, there would be a solution to any problem (including money, good paying professions). I was the mechanic and one of the sisters was seeing a doctor, 3rd sister was still too young to be worried about that.

1|0
    0|0
  • I firmly believe if you did not want to be dating you he wouldn't be dating you. It sounds to me like he's very insecure and is worried that you're constantly thinking you can do better.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds partially like insecurity. But couples that have been together a long time joke like that a lot too, in a less passive aggressive way though

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds to me like he's insecure and wants attention, or is fishing for compliments.

1|0
    0|0
  • I tell my SO that I'll kick out all my girlfriends because I know she's coming home. I tell her I'm coming home so she better kick out all of her boyfriends. But we both know we're just kidding.

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe his just insecure, but you should talk to him about it. He even might be hiding something from you. So talk to him.

1|0
    0|0
  • He has had it done to him be for and is unsure so I would suggest do the weirdest most nasty sexual thing you would never do with any one else but the one in your bed then and now it will open up the that door that is holding you up

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like he has insecurity issues , staying with him is a bad move u do t need that shit

1|1
    0|0
  • Maybe joking, maybe insecure, you know best but id say he's joking. You could sit down and talk about it

1|0
    0|0
  • If your seeing someone currently why would you date someone else. Honestly that just say's that your losing interest in your current man and trying to get back out there.

0|1
    1|0
  • Sounds like he's insecure and are you his first girlfriend? Sounds like he may be nervous around you and say this nonsense if that is the case

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't take it to heart, it just sounds like a joke that's he's making.

1|0
    0|0
  • A really poor joke by sounds of things him tring to be funny

1|0
    0|0
  • If you know that he's just joking with you but he's probably just giving you a hard time and it's all just for play but if he's being serious then yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Self depreciating humor can be seen as endearing but it seems to be making you nervous or insecure about your relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • He might just be a little bit insecure about himself, or thinks you could do better than him

1|0
    0|0
  • he's insecure that's all just tell him upfront that he shouldn't be

1|0
    0|0
  • he's insecure, he won't admit that when You ask him about it

1|0
    0|0
  • He probably likes you and you make him nervous so you get awkward stupid jokes. Lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it is. To me that sounds like either bullying or making fun of you

0|0
    0|0
  • No he's feeling u out

0|0
    1|0
    • What do you mean?

• Just WHAT i said. Second off u r too young for relationships u r incapable of understanding. Go to school and read a book

• Yeah, he sounds insecure.

1|0
    0|0
  • just testing your sense of humor

1|0
    0|0
  • How often are those jokes?

0|0
    0|0
  • That guys just doesn't have great humour.

1|0
    0|0
  • Piss him. off his not joking his insecure

1|0
    0|0
  • He is joking

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes that is a red flag

0|0
    0|0
  • Duh.

0|0
    0|0
  • ... I don't know, lol

0|0
    0|0
  • No idea

0|0
    0|0
  • Its a simple humor i guess..

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell him it's annoying and he'll stop

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell him it's annoying and he'll stop

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I don't think so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, he is probably projecting... meaning he's probably cheating himself...

1|1
    0|1
  • it's just a joke

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes