Would you date, or marry somebody who lives long distance or far away? Do long distant dating work?

3549

Most Helpful Guys

• It is a pain in the ass. I do appreciate having lots of space. But it comes at the cost of having to plan get togethers pretty far in advance, and if life shit comes down, it can easily fuck that up and next thing you know, it is months before it can happen again.

Then if it works, that gap has to close. That means someone is going to have to move. If both have decent jobs and are settled, someone has to be willing to give up and move. hoping it will last. You don't just move in on a whim at that point.

I don't think I would seek out that sort of relationship ever again. But if this one ended and another like it appeared, i guess I would have to see how I felt.

The other thing I feel is that the less time together has made progress much slower. The real advances seem to occur after spending a bunch of time together. We are on 5 years now and it feels like we are about at a place normally reached after 1-2.

• To be totally honest with you dear Cool Breeze, definitely not.
    I don't believe in LDR as for they don't work.
    That is just my own point of view, of course, other people may disagree, but from my own personal experience I have found out that it was not really good.
    I need to see her at least once or twice a week in person, hold her hand, look into her eyes, make her blush etc...
    I have been in many LDR before, and they rarely work.

My answer:
    I wouldn't date, or marry somebody who lives long distance or far away as for long distant dating does not work. We need that soft tenderness, the comforting feeling to be into each other arms, etc...

Most Helpful Girls

• I had this kind of relationship and I don't think it can work for a long time. You need to see more often the person, to spend time together. A person can have a different behaviour in real life than messages or video calls.
    I think you get to know someone only when you spend time together.

• True people can behave different in real life. Seeing them in person is so important.

• It is. They can have some reactions or habits you don't expect then you can be disappointed if you realise that they can be different persons instead of what you thought about them.

• Yes that is so true and your right. It takes times to fully get to know a person's good and bad habits.

• I wouldn't. I think it works when both parties believe they won't ever find anyone better where they live.. have the money to frequently travel to see each other.. and wouldn't mind marrying the other so they can get a residence permit to live with them right away as a married couple.