Would you date, or marry somebody who lives long distance or far away? Do long distant dating work?

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• It is a pain in the ass. I do appreciate having lots of space. But it comes at the cost of having to plan get togethers pretty far in advance, and if life shit comes down, it can easily fuck that up and next thing you know, it is months before it can happen again.

Then if it works, that gap has to close. That means someone is going to have to move. If both have decent jobs and are settled, someone has to be willing to give up and move. hoping it will last. You don't just move in on a whim at that point.

I don't think I would seek out that sort of relationship ever again. But if this one ended and another like it appeared, i guess I would have to see how I felt.

The other thing I feel is that the less time together has made progress much slower. The real advances seem to occur after spending a bunch of time together. We are on 5 years now and it feels like we are about at a place normally reached after 1-2.

0|1
    0|0
  • To be totally honest with you dear Cool Breeze, definitely not.
    I don't believe in LDR as for they don't work.
    That is just my own point of view, of course, other people may disagree, but from my own personal experience I have found out that it was not really good.
    I need to see her at least once or twice a week in person, hold her hand, look into her eyes, make her blush etc...
    I have been in many LDR before, and they rarely work.

My answer:
    I wouldn't date, or marry somebody who lives long distance or far away as for long distant dating does not work. We need that soft tenderness, the comforting feeling to be into each other arms, etc...

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I had this kind of relationship and I don't think it can work for a long time. You need to see more often the person, to spend time together. A person can have a different behaviour in real life than messages or video calls.
    I think you get to know someone only when you spend time together.

0|1
    0|0
    • True people can behave different in real life. Seeing them in person is so important.

• It is. They can have some reactions or habits you don't expect then you can be disappointed if you realise that they can be different persons instead of what you thought about them.

• Yes that is so true and your right. It takes times to fully get to know a person's good and bad habits.

• I wouldn't. I think it works when both parties believe they won't ever find anyone better where they live.. have the money to frequently travel to see each other.. and wouldn't mind marrying the other so they can get a residence permit to live with them right away as a married couple.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• No I would not date or marry someone who lives long distance or far away. Because I believe in a marriage you should be able to be around your husband because do you see how it is when you are not around. Watch Lifetime movies thats all I have to say. I damn sure believe in those lifetime movies. How would you know if your husband is being faithful. He damn sure is not having sex with you. Men do have needs in life.

1|1
    0|0
  • Live near If the distance is particularly long and communication is lacking. Then there are many misunderstandings Long-distance relationships are rarely successful I don't know. I don't have any experience with this. 💕

0|1
    0|0
  • Only if it can not be long term at some point in the future. Married know way. The long distance has to be resolved to have a real relationship, just work out how long you can handle and then analyse your options

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m currently dating @thepundertaker
    He lives 2000km away
    And I’m not sure if they work but I like him so I may as well try

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. If we both are in love and we know we can commit to each other and we both are great and good about it... it can work. Very rare if it does work out. Hey nothing wrong in trying it out... right? My own opinion.

1|1
    0|0
  • Long distance dating is one thing. A relationship or marriage would be different for me.
    My ex was about 30 miles away. Worked at the time, but if it had gotten more serious I would have eventually moved to be closer to her.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes it works. I am in a long distance relationship for almost 5 years and now we live together since a few months. Sometimes it's difficult but if you both want it to work, it works.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have dated long distance more than once, and yes, married one of them (not long distance though). We eventually broke up, but for reasons that would have been no different if we'd met in person. So yes, it can work.

I can't say I'd recommend it, though. It has its own set of unique stresses on top of everything you deal with in a normal relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm currently in an LDR and so far so good! Apart from the fact that I miss my guy so bad and he does as well, we videochat almost everyday just to see each other and talk about random stuff like we used to when we're physically together. So yes long distance works if u put effort in it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I am dating @reddwolf
    We been together for ( now may ) 10 months...
    And live together ( now may ) since mid Oct

0|1
    0|0
  • My wife lived in South Africa and I lived in England for a year before we got married

That's 8500 miles apart.

Communication is key...

1|1
    0|0
  • No it doesn't work. You could and can do much better then that. You would need to put a lot of work into it. Its also harder to spend time with them. It's also harder to get to know them. You won't know someone completely even if your marryed to them for 15 year, and sleep in the same bed with them for years. Long distance, you will barely know them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Honestly I've tried it and over time you grow distant however everyone had different inputs into these circumstances. I just takes time effort and support. Over time you'll not only build financially and mentally with each other but once you two do meet it will be and my heart racing emotion

0|1
    0|0
  • I’ve done it and they can work. But in order for me to do that again... there has to be a plan for us to eventually be together at some point. Whether he moves or I move.

0|1
    0|0
  • yes i will date or marry somebody who lives long distace or far away. long distace dating works. because through this we may understand that how she feels , how she talk or how and what she think about others.
    long distace dating create understanding between the couples.

0|1
    0|0
  • To be honest I have been in long distance relationship already and it's not worth it , you suffer way too much and your constantly thinking if the person is doing something bad even though you say to your self the person you love or like whatever the case would not do that you.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do not see how it can work. Surely intimacy is important. I understand everyone is different but I couldn't. Real love for me is not being able to live apart too long and the wanting to be together.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its working for me like my partner is from Italy even so she travels a lot she was seeing a future of us traveling together, so looks like a long distance relationship could work if you put some effort into it.

0|1
    0|0
  • My ex and i were dating and we lived in two different countries. It was so hard but we managed to agree on meeting on holidays or weekends, but unfortunately we choose to break up because of personal reasons

0|1
    0|0
  • Long distnance dating can work, I even have a friend who got engages before meeting the person in real life, but before getting married the couple should spend at least a few months living under the same roof

0|1
    0|0
  • DEFINITELY NOT. How could I know if he is being honest with me? There will be thousands of 'what ifs' in your mind and there comes a seed of doubt that is gonna grow into big problems. But if your are ready to get hurt, it's your choice. LOL

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the distance tbh if you can never see each other it usually doesn't work long distance takes a lot of trust and dedication i personally dont think they work but i do have a few friends that are making it work

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm talking to someone very far away now and we're planning to meet but I dont know if I could turn it into a relationship even though we really like each other, I just need physical affection and like to see each other at least once a week

0|1
    0|0
  • I did date and marry them and now I'm getting divorced...

0|1
    0|0
  • I personally would not like to have a long distance relationship only because I’m gonna feel like they might be up to something. But if the trust and loyalty is there then everything should be fine

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes and I did. 8000 miles away. It takes a lot of understanding and hours of talking even about nothing.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you like someone there is no reason to not try it. Don't give up before it fails. But I haven't found a way to make it work. Only tried it once though

0|1
    0|0
  • Long distance relationships are super tough compared to relationships were your partner lives close. It is possible of course but you both have to want the same and work hard on it

0|1
    0|0
  • Long distance isn’t for me but my friend has kept a relationship going with this guy that lives in England. Their relationship ended recently but before that it was going really well for them.

0|1
    0|0
  • It wouldn't really work for long time... If it's just temporary at Max a few months then it's alright but if it's long term then it won't work out...

0|1
    0|0
  • I met a girl in town and i dont even want to move now because id be away from her. So i guess i wouldn't.

0|1
    0|0
  • Long distance dating is very easy. To start a relationship with her is kind of easy. To keep the LDR alive is on japanese difficulty.

0|1
    0|0
  • Has not worked for me and I tried Really hard at some point in my life

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes it works but you eventually have to move closer to them. Why would you restrict yourself to local only?

0|1
    0|0
  • Only with the understanding that within some reasonable timeframe one or the other will relocate

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, it will work out with effort. We have 5 hours time different now.. But we are engaged ❤.. Will marry soon with her..

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I have personally tried. It failed. You can't really get. To know them until you actually physically interact.

0|1
    0|0
  • Long distance relationship works but needs so much efforts

0|1
    0|0
  • it can work perfectly or it might be such a nightmare, depends on person

0|1
    0|0
  • Never work with college. met my current boyfriend though facebook. we did met in a pubic place.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. Its super hard and the interest gets lost easier that way

0|1
    0|0
  • My boyfriend lives about an hour away from me. We see each other every weekend and talk everyday.

0|1
    0|0
  • Only if their divorce proceedings have been started.

0|1
    0|0
  • It can. However from my experience it doesn't last. Someone eventually has to move closer.

0|1
    0|0
  • If they were worth it. My interest is wayyy too valuable to be wasted.

0|1
    0|0
  • i thought i blocked you, how the fuck do i stop relieving notifications from you?

0|0
    0|0
  • no i think i'd have too many insecurities. it's way too easy to hide things from a partner in a ldr

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes but you need to be strong and trust that person

0|1
    0|0
  • I already do and tbh its hard but when u see each other its worth 100x more than usual

0|1
    0|0
  • Well I wouldn't marry someone who lives far away lol

0|1
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes