Are there still chivalrous guys when it comes to dating?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I'm definitely chivalrous when it comes to dating. Women still love a gentleman. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

3|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• No, women ruined most of them and turned them into commitment shy assholes.

1|10
    1|0
    • *bad women

• Show All
    • In short, not an asshole but commitment shy I guess. Really just a fear of heartbreak.

• It is natural.

The actual Nice guys, are still nice the asshole attitude is usually a front to protect themselves. People handle loss and hurt in different ways but I always notice the bitterest people are usually the ones that have the deepest scars or still refuse to let go of their baggaes.

We all have been there, I refuse to let some person make me cynical anymore, life is way too short.

Bitches come and go that's why their called bitches, not lap dogs.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Women don't reciprocate to chivalry and most would just dump the date if I started to do that because it is sexist. So it is dead due to modern women and feminism. However, the upside is I almost always have sex on the first date.

0|3
    0|0
  • High status living and relationships gives men more of a chance to be chivalric. It doesn't mean they can't be at lower status. I would say yes, though it's often seen as the "nice guy" as apposed to the true intent.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've been known to open a door or 2, but when I really want to break out the chivalry I wear my armor and carry around my sword and shield. As far as dating goes I have my trusty steed to pick up my princess and take her to the fairgrounds for much merry making. Yes, I have been called chivalrous from time to time.

0|0
    0|0
  • No.
    First of all, nobody has the same definition of chivalry.
    Then everybody see themselves way better than they really are.
    Meanwhile everyone only gets what they deserve.
    ... so if you're looking for someone that knows how to flatters you, it is possible. But asking for some fantasy shits that you see in movies, it's not gonna happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my relationship I always open the door for her. I wake up at 4am each morning so I can make breakfast for her. I know she can do those things for herself, so it is not a sign of taking away her independence. I am happy when I can serve her and honor her for who she is and what she brings to our relationship. I think each person should be more involved with improving the other person's experience in the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • When they see a man they really like they seem to start to glow and that make up is all they have going for them they think now if a man really likes you he will be there when you wake up for the day when you are a mess and still tell you your beautiful

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, there are, but most women aren't very gracious about chivalrous behavior, so you kinda have it beaten out of you.

2|0
    2|0
  • Yes, but we're going extinct. Thank your fellow females for that. Sorry if I sound bitter, but it's true lmao

0|1
    1|0
  • I'd consider myself chivalrous on a date... however, in this day and age it's more likely that's considered a fault rather than a compliment

0|4
    0|0
  • Yeah, there are some, but feminists have been working really hard to kill them.

1|1
    2|0
  • So a quick scan of comments gives me many "yes" answers, but I'll push back on that. I honestly don't think that men or women are elegant anymore, because they're taught not to be. There are plenty of polite men and women, but no true ladies or gentlemen because chivalry (real chivalry, not the corny "being nice" definition that people seem to use now) is seen as showy and self-aggrandizing. I try to be chivalrous but I always feel awkward and self-conscious about it because chivalry is linked to honor culture, which the modern world despises.

0|0
    0|0
  • Chivalry is just a word used by those who complain that women don't like nice guys and women who don't seem to understand that equality means more than equal pay.

Chivalry is everywhere, both in men AND women but the notion of it has been lost. What this word is typically conflated with now is "doormat" and, again, both men and women show this behavior as well.

So no, there are no chivalrous MEN but there are plenty of doormats and people willing to stick up for each other on both sides of the aisle.

Also, this isn't the 1200s.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure there. Plenty of guys still be in being chivalrous. Itโ€™s also just good manners too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, there are. However, *most* guys stop being chivalrous when the girl decides to stop being worthy of the guy's chivalry.

0|3
    0|0
  • Yes. However, since a lot of women's perceptions of chivalry have changed throughout the years, it makes it harder to truly identify men that are chivalrous.

0|1
    0|0
  • We exist i swear โœ‹๐Ÿ˜‚
    Sometimes tho we're afraid to show it cuz it can be mistaken for being a creep or just thirsty

0|1
    0|0
  • Oddly enough there are multiple levels of chivarlous guys now some will be more than others but there are a few brave knights that still exist in this world

0|0
    0|0
  • Why are all these questions about chilvary? No man is chilvarious anylonger. Gentalmen use (civil courtesy) . Two different things. Today by definition , chilvary is a fake abstract.

0|0
    0|1
  • Sure there are but most females will never see it because most of your chivalrous guys are quiet and reserved. Most younger females go for the overconfident jerks lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes bit sometimes I get the feeling girls don't want us anymore so we get shy and hide away. Therefore it's sometimes a bit hard to find us.

0|0
    0|0
  • Actual chivalry has virtually nothing to do with women or how to treat them I think you mean just being a gentleman.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep, but it tends to be looked down upon either with skepticism, or (ironically) as less masculine than the "norm".

0|0
    0|0
  • Like holding a door open for women and greeting them at the door kind of things? That's exactly how I am.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, we just not easy to find, I like to think the best way to a woman heart is be like a knight and chocolate candy lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but they got nothing to laugh in this cheap plastic world, Most women even find them weird so they are near extinction

0|0
    2|0
  • I try but being scolded for holding a door open gets old pretty fast.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I can reassure you that there are however I would consider them rare and hard to find

Good luck:)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yea!
    But you will just throw them aways ( because they are boring)

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys are afraid to be chivalrous as it gets them labelled weak and old fashioned. And the "bad boys" seem to always be winning with them girls...

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd like to hope so.

I try to be chivalrous dating or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah there are but there are even more guys who pretend to be

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally think yes... But they are out numbered by all of the insolent a**holes running around trying to get laid. I might be young (as most of you are probably thinking currently) but I live where... Life just kind of sucks. Literally we had a kid skrewing a teacher last month... Sooooooo... But yes, there are the small amount, its just the girl also has to put the effort of finding them. But trust me, if you do find them, it will be worth it when you have a shoulder to lean on (and jacket to steal)

0|0
    0|0
  • Isn't dating chivalrous enough in and of itself? I'm not sure what you're asking for.

0|0
    1|0
  • I still have chivalry in me. I open the doors for girls I'm very respectful to them

1|0
    0|0
  • Personally their is no doubt in my mind chivalry can be found thriving in every faithful honest man. Also i would like to add that. Majority of men may not be that iconic romeo fantasy every woman dreams of. I rather take authenticity over hollow personality which now a days is hidden under the mask of false chivalry. Therefore, take things slow you should know who you are dating inside and out before making such a commitment in the first place. (Sorry for going off topic alittle bit lol only want to help through wisdom I've gain through my own personal experiences)

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. Everyone seems like a fuckboy in today's time.

0|0
    0|1
  • Yeah there are. Are there also woman who deserve and can accept the treatment as a princess?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah but they won't show it in fear of the woman biting their heads off.

0|0
    0|0
  • That definition is up to the person using the word chivalry may I ask how you define it?

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Only ones that think they're being chivalrous but are mostly just making girls uncomfortable

0|0
    0|0
  • Loyalty is rarely found as far as chivalry guys will do whatever to get laid well most of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Barely

4|0
    0|3
    • Can I see the days you used to make that assumption?

• Show All
    • If you're creating opinions and judong masses of people based on it without even trying to educate yourself, that leads to dangerous consequences

• What does anyone form opinions on? Experiences? And thatโ€™s not what you asked me. Stfu talking to me Iโ€™m done replying you asking dumb questions ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Definitely. Find the good ones.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, are there any ladylike women still around?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes...

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes we ain't all disappeared x

0|0
    0|0
  • No, women killed chivalry.

0|3
    0|1
  • What does chivalrous mean?

0|0
    0|0
    • Being courteous and polite without fucking whining or asking for anything in return.
      And is also dead.
      Source: Urban dictionary

• @mach1. You have discovered ( civil courtesy) , not chilvary.

• There are but you just keep on friendzoning then

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Good luck finding them, but yes

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes