Is it fair to hate my girlfriends ex?

Do you think it's appropriate to hate my girlfriends ex-boyfriend? My girlfriend was dating some ugly dude before me and I hate his freaking guts. He just so happens to be the roommate of my girlfriend's best friend. So her best friend will constantly be talking about him and I hate that.
I think I dislike it so much because two months into our relationship I found a message she had sent to him two months into our relationship that she still had feelings for him and always would. I confronted her about it and she blocked him, assuring me not to worry about it.
I believed it. But now a year later he is graduating from college and my gfs best friend invited us to her and his graduation party. I don't want her anywhere this dude. Am I unfair to feel this way?

01