Is it bad to have guys friends or talk to guys while in a relationship?

I needed a ride to college this morning cause my ride wasn't able to take me (my dad. I dint have a car.)

My boyfriend was already taking me next week so I didn't want to bother him. Either way he didn't answer my previous text till the next day in the afternoon.

I asked several friends and my friend anthony was the only ine who was able to take me.

But according to my friends, im supposed to tell my boyfriend and im also not supposd to be talking to guys at all? And neither is he?

Uhhm what?
I can definitely say I wouldn't do anything wrong and I love my boyfriend. But I like meeting ither people too. And I have my guy friends who are cool and respect me.
I already told my boyfriend to communicated with him and he just said hed call after work

01