Getting back with an ex?

So a bit over a year ago, me and an ex broke up because he was clingy, which was caused by trying to change himself to suit me better. This didn’t work out because I really liked who he was- I didn’t want him to change, so we broke up. My friends always told me to get back together with him and yada. Recently, as in about a week and a half ago, we started talking again. As in nonstop since we reconnected, and I regret ending things, but I think we’ve both grown a lot. He’s expressed interest and I think it’s mutual, are there any rules on getting back with an ex or any advice from people who have? I’ve personally never done it before.

114

Most Helpful Guys

• You want my honest opinion?

It comes down to how you both have grown.

YOu need to understand that a relationship is not about staying still but about changing to mold AROUND the person,

He needs to understand that he needs to accept who who you are.

So it can but once a wound closes it leaves a scar. It always does

• You need to sit down and talk about the old negative memories and try to talk through them.

No matter how hard it is going to be speak through them. Tell him why you broke up with him, what you expect from him this time and how you will do things differently this time round.

You might ignore this advice but it will give you significant ground

• Just get back already and fuck. Stop playing mind games. Your too old for that now. Just be an adult and both of you communicate your feelings. If either one of you hold back even 1% then its a failed relationship. This is what's wrong with most couples, failure to trust.

Most Helpful Girl

• No rules. If you're ready, go for it. Just really make sure that you both want to. :)