Can you fall in love with someone online?

I wonder how many of you have actually ended up marrying or dating someone you met online. Would you not consider being in a relationship until you actually meet in person?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it is possible
    You can get to know a person's inside a lot online without the distractions of "real life" but at the same time there is the risk that the person you get to know is just an idealized self image
    I met someone online and married her moved to a different country and everything
    It did not work out in the long run for various reasons
    Part of it was that the person I got to know online was in part wishful thinking on her part how she wanted to see herself but couldn't quite live up to it in reality... it is more complicated then that of course
    Still though I would take the chance again

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I could not do just online. There are even girls I meet and seriously like but then I chat online with them and the conversation is so weird and awkward and I go off them. We get back together in person and I just adore them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it is possible. I have fallen in love online, but being in a relationship with that girl was a bad idea. It takes more time to get to know someone online, but sometimes it is worth that time. There are many people that have met their husbands and wives online.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure I've dated/met women online. Beats trying to get attention in some noisy bar

1|0
    0|0
  • Its possible, but things might instantly change when you meet this person.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why not... I don't see any harm in it... love is about what you feel for someone... distance can't change the feeling šŸ˜…

0|0
    0|0
  • Iā€™m dating and will marry a woman I met on this very site

0|0
    0|0
  • It's possible only if you will meet in real life later

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll never fall in love with someone online. That's ludicrous!

0|0
    0|0
    • why is that so ludicrous? I understand there's a lot of crazy people on the internet but it's also a good way to find people with common interests. Also a good way to get to know someone's true passions without the distractions of seeing them in person.

• Very unlikely.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup. I mean why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • it's possible

0|0
    0|0
  • Very much possible

0|0
    0|0