Is it weird to not like the idea of dating?

I’m 19 and have never dated anyone before. All of the guys I’ve liked, I’ve always been friends with them for awhile first. Of course I sometimes have shallow physical attractions to other guys, but I would never act on it. I’m just wondering if others may feel like this or if I’m just weird for really just not liking the idea at all?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• You might just not like the idea of dating as it's presented in popular culture. Try thinking out of the box, instead of wondering "do I want to date?", simplify it down to "what do I want?". What is your ideal relationship? When I say relationship, I don't necessarily mean a romantic one, just any connection between two people.

• I guess I’m just comfortable with the idea in general. The idea of meeting a stranger with the preconceived notion you have some sort of attraction towards one another. I’m drawn more to being friends and building that comfortability without out that pressure.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're still young, I think it's fine that you're not really interested right now. Just enjoy having male friends.