My sister is hotter than me?

Alright, I know a lot of people are gonna be like "Oh you just need to be confident" lol. So my sister is older than me, and definitely so much more prettier. She's got my moms features, and is thin. She's a model, and is perfect. Gets all the attention from guys and women. Always gets told she's pretty. I get told I would be pretty if I lost weight. My dad even has one of her pictures as his background. She's taller, and I am short and overweight. Somehow I got a boyfriend, lol. I honestly don't know what he see's in me. Like my older sister gets flirted with all the time by guys my age! I just hope my boyfriend doesn't think she's better than me and leaves me cause I am not pretty enough. Should I worry about this? My sis dresses revealing, and I dress more casual.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Caloric deficit to lose weight and get rid of facial fat clouding facial features. I'm of the opinion that most people will be good-looking as long as they have low body fat % and haven't walked into a brick wall recently. In your case, you're shorter so fat fills you up more easily, so you need to have less fat than your sis.
    2. Since you're losing fat, you're prob also losing some curves. Google exercises to increase muscle mass in the right areas of your body to replace the fat (more muscle = easier fat loss due to how calorically [if that's the right word] taxing it is to maintain). You said she's thin, right? Do squats & stuff to get big butt and thicker thighs to gain a more curvy appearance. Curvy > thin; it's what guys are drawn to (source: science). There's probably more exercises to increase hip width and stuff. I haven't really looked into it because I don't want to have wide hips, but I've skimmed over some stuff about that.

At some point my jawline had some pretty nice definition, then I gained a few pounds and lost that definition. I've lost most of that weight now and nearly regained that definition. So, yeah. Fat loss is a big deal for facial looks. Gonna go even lower than I was before (body fat % wise). I'll be cutting glass with my jawline soon.

Just so you know, if you have a good body most people won't even care how facially attractive you are as long as you don't look like a zombie.

0|0
    0|0
    • This wasn't a question on how to lose weight.

• I know. But you presented a problem you're facing, so I presented potential solutions to solving or at least mitigating the problem.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You will turn him off if you continue to project that you feel inferior. He will get tired of constantly having to reassure you.

1|0
    0|0
    • I know I know, it's such a bad habit.

• Show All
    • So you don't think he will choose her over me?

• No. He has chosen you obviously, embrace that... even though she is hot it does not mean she can just pick and choose whatever guy she wants. Believe me we don't just gravitate to the hottest woman available we want a girl we can emotionally connect with. Good looks only get so far.

• Being pretty is also an opinion, everybody is different and has different taste. Maybe she gets more attention but that doesn't make the love more real, for some guys its more important to be with somebody they can trust.
    Just dont bother too muh and find the beauty within yourself, this expression can be worth more than enough

0|0
    0|0
  • There's nothing you can do about it. What other people have venereal isn't going to determine your success in life. Focus on yourself get fit and don't be worried about your sister because what happens to her isn't going to directly impact your life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is it that hard to believe that your boyfriend likes you for more than your looks? This amazes me with girls. They say they want a guy who isn't shallow and actually cares for them, and then they have one and seem to freak out. We all have imperfections. You seem to lack self-worth, improve upon your self-worth and none of this will matter because you'll love yourself. Trust me. If you let these insecurities continue to affect you, it will more than likely affect your relationship negatively. Just be happy with who you are, if losing weight will make you feel better about yourself then go lose some weight-- BUT DO IT FOR YOU. If you do it for others 1.) it will probably be temporary 2.) it won't make you happy because you did it for someone else. I know from experience. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • I know the feel, all my brothers had girls chasing them , while I was a ghost growing up.
    And its unhealthy to think that way, "whys he even like me" etc.. You should try to stop thinking like that

0|0
    0|0
  • The only thing you can do to improve is loose weight. rest you can not change. so don't worry about anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • You are disgusting because you compare yourself with others

0|0
    0|1
  • There is somethinv as love you as a person instead of a body...

0|0
    0|0
  • Pictures of your sister?

0|4
    0|0
  • my sister is hotter than me too

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes