I’m scared to date white guys?

lol I’m black, I’m only used to dating within my race, there’s this guy I find funny I like him and I think he likes me too, but I’m scared to let the relationship progress because 1. I don’t know what his family is like 2. My family have expressed not wanting me with a white guy either. On one hand it’s still early days and I don’t want to sound crazy already asking him about his parents but on the other hand I don’t want to let things progress to a point that I really like him but have to let go ygm?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Go for it. His family could be awesome, or they could be terrible but your not dating his family your dating him. Go for it, you don't want to lose out on a good thing because of what you think others might think do you?

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• White guys are crazy some are hot but there's some

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It's perfectly OK to bring up the topic once there is mutual interest because familial disapproval is, unfortunately, still often a really big issue when a white person and a black person date each other.

I can understand you not wanting to get grief from your family about dating a white guy, but their attitude toward it is way behind the times so you shouldn't feel bad about telling them that you and only you will make the decision about who you date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Man, the segregation runs deep. The farther behind us this "us vs. them" attitude gets, the closer we actually are to getting rid of racism. It takes steps forward from both sides. Your parents are still living in the past. Maybe his are too. That shouldn't stop you both from seeing eachother as people instead of as a color.

0|0
    0|0
  • What i say is to give it a try and see how your parents react, if anything you can download a pic of a white guy and tell your parents its your boyfriend and see their reaction so then you know how they would react, he should do the same m, its just some advice that can help

0|0
    0|0
  • Give it a try. See from there.
    If you're limiting your horizons before you've started anything, it doesn't bode well on how far you'll go.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a family issue. You can't go forward if they still hold you back. I'm sure both families are nice... But breaking these barriers are not an easy task

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't worry you think too much not every white people is bad as u think

0|0
    0|0
  • 1st of all if your off consent then it don't matter what your parents think.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've dated black girls, some with hostile parents, some with open and modern parents. There's nothing wrong with it, follow your heart.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes