Have you ever developed feelings for your significant other's best friend?

I'm just curious if this has happened to anyone, and if it has, what happened? xxx

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I dated this guy I really shouldn't have. Didn't like him much, wasn't physically attracted to him... didn't really like his attitude... But his house mate was just my type. My boyfriend would work a lot when I went to visit so I'd hang out with his friend. We got on really well. I fancied the pants off him but I never ever made a move of even thought about letting him know. I knew my relationship with his friend would be over soo, there was no point in causing issue between two friends because I had the hots for one of them.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, and it never works out well unless there is a significant gap between when you dated each of them, and even that isn't always for sure. Best to just steer clear.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• No. I was somewhat attracted to the guy I was with but was very attracted to some of his distant friends - his distant friends are best friends with his best friend however (multiple besties). I don't care for the other guy anymore - he didn't like me and there are other guys in this world.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had a crush on a previous boyfriend of mine’s best friend while we were together, and I thought it would dissipate over time, but then as hard as I tried to bury my feelings and pretend that they didn’t exist and even lie to myself... they blew up on me later and I felt the only right thing to do was to break up with the ex.
    He made me explain why I was dumping him, and this was him calling me on the phone at 5 in the morning. I said I developed feelings for someone else and I begged him to let it go and let me go back to sleep. But he demanded to know who it was, so tired and frustrated me who didn’t want to hurt him had no choice but to shout his best friend’s name at him in anger.
    He got mad at his friend, and I demanded that he direct his anger at me, instead of him, because his friend had no idea about how I had felt about him and I intended to keep it that way.
    We were in a LDR, so his solution was to visit me for the weekend, thinking that some time together would solve the issue.

2 months later, he dumped me, and deprived me of the chance to do it right when I was able. Instead, I was made to look like the asshole, while he dumped me over the phone with all his friends in the room.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and this never works. Don't believe the movie scenarios... I actually broke up with the boyfriend first then started seeing his best friend and it was good for a while but every time the three of us were together shit would come up.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've developed feelings for my boyfriend at the time's brother. Safe to say it didn't end well. The brother was like in love with me. Wanted to wife me up and get a place with me. I kissed him once after me and the guy broke up but that was it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah and it made us became awkward when we were talking lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Well we got buzzed one night an one thing lead to another an then next thing I know we was together

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but I felt like me and his best friend vwhere closer that me and my boyfriend was

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ew no.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not feelings but I've wanted to fuck her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Many of times

0|0
    0|0
  • No never

0|0
    0|0
  • His best friend is my type. He does every thing I ever wanted to his girlfriend. My man picked up how we are better matched and got insecure although I never acted any friendlier to his friend than regular people. I even pointed out to him why I'm with him not with someone like his friend.

It turned out to be a good thing as my man started to do all these little things that no matter how many I tried to make him do he never did. He tries to impress me. Needles to say we are happier now :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I did. I worked with him & developed a crush & it didn’t end well. I got drunk on a work night out & we kissed. I felt really bad for months after & it made me ill

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes