What do guys think if a lady wants to pay half of the bill on first date?

The guy mentioned, "don't make things complicated!" and he is older than me.

1|3

Most Helpful Guy

• Paying for the bill on a date seems like something we as guys have to do. It shouldn't be gender specific, but I'd rather spend every penny i had on a girl before i let her pay the bill. Just let him do it next time.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for the insight! I might have to take note of it next time.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 66

• It doesn't bother me.

0|0
    0|0
  • She should be a lady and pay for mine too. I am going to have to please her all night, she should pay for my calories.

1|3
    1|1
  • I wouldn't mind, however it is easier to just have one person pay the whole bill, instead of counting change/putting different notes down.

0|1
    0|0
  • It should be acceptable. Why should a man pay for a woman's share on a normal outing? Why should women be complacent to the stereotype that a man has to pay for their time on a consenting date? Why should men be so insecure that they can't simply smile and accept the woman's equal responsibility to pay for her share?

0|0
    0|0
  • The offer is sweet and adorable and could sometimes be taken. But if I want to do something like pay the bill I don't want to argue especially with someone I care about. That said at one time me and my girlfriend used to try to get copy of the bill and pay it before the other one had a chance to see it it was a bit of a game that we play

0|0
    0|0
  • Some of my friends have said it is a sign of disinterest but I think that is pretty small minded of them. As the conversation is the important part for judging interest.

Typically, I am prepared to pay but graciously accept when the offer is presented.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would think she's very respectful and thoughtful! It would be really nice honestly! If I asked her out on a date I'd feel more inclined to pay it though. But I would be happy to split the bill of course

0|0
    0|1
  • It's really good not bcz she's paying half but she's contributing in everything from starting in every instance no matter how big or small the subject is...

0|1
    0|0
  • I dont know where you life..
    In some countrys its realy complicated for the waiter
    Where im from its absolut no problem so i would love it
    It shows me that you can handle money and dont think that i will pay everytime everything

0|0
    0|0
  • That's great. You should do this on every date to avoid fights. Nobody likes to pay the whole bill every time unless they are rich and have money to spare.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think that's great. But is it only going to be the first date? Because otherwise it was just a gesture it's not really who you are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Then I'm wondering if she's a fair modern woman or if she intends it as a test so she can call me cheap.

0|0
    0|0
    • If you are wondering, will you actually ask it on the date or simply wait to observe and figure it out later on.

• It depends of the feeling when it happens. Of the dynamics of the exchange. Also I'm working on myself because I've been a cheapskate before and I try to improve. Also, all the modernity shit of equality that I've embraced since childhood hasn't done any good to me and women are more interested in a manly man so I'm trying to go with what works: paying the bill.

• Quite impressed I'd say. Of course, I'd have to say the obligatory "no, it's fine let me pay" before accepting if she insists.

0|1
    0|0
  • That's unacceptable. She should pay the whole bill as a sign of gratitude and appreciation for her man spending time with her.

0|1
    1|0
  • Personally, the ideal scenario for me is when the girl offers to pay for her half so that I can turn her down.

0|1
    0|0
  • Beautiful!!! If you want to pay them pay. If he want to pay them let him pay. Either way it all comes down to simple communication and teamwork. If you both can't agree on one thing appropriately then already it demonstrates you both are not a match. It's a silly subject to argue about. The guy can be a gentleman of course and AT LEAST syggest I'm happy to pay. But if no is no then 50/50 should be agreed on if the answer is still no from either side then move on for crying out loud. Were all supposed to be adults mature. None of this silliness my sweet. Alright?

0|1
    0|0
  • Earlier i used to feel i only should pay the bill ! but now i feel ok if we guys split the bill, no hard n fast rules. It helps in meeting again n again

0|0
    0|0
  • I would think she's not that into me. A date is a treat, it's something I'm doing for the girl. If she tries to pay that tells me she sees me more as a friend and that this isn't really a date.

0|0
    0|1
  • I will always pay the bill on the first date but I hate it when a girl doesn't acknowledge it at all like she expects you to pay. At least pretend you're gonna chip in

0|0
    0|0
  • Won't mind it, my girl made the move to pay the bill fully.

0|0
    0|0
  • To me, that is very respectful but I don't allow the woman to pay at all on the first date (or more dates).

0|0
    0|1
  • This may seem like a sign that the date was bad. And you try to soften the fact that there will be no more dates.

0|0
    0|0
  • If this happens to me that seriously I'm going forward in this relationship. Because that girl loves me not my money.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm good. That's one thing where there are various expectations. More sponsors makes more dates easier.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he doesn't want to split, pay in full for the next one if there is one. Good for you for trying.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think of it as she's respectable, reasonable and genuine

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh, I absolutely love that!! Doing that it's a a veeeery good sign for me!!!

0|1
    0|0
  • I like that you offered👍 don't worry about it though

0|0
    0|0
  • It is nice if she offers, but will be good if she is okay with the man paying after he insists.

0|0
    0|1
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes