How do I deal with my boyfriend?

Lately my boyfriend is being a complete idiot. He crashed his car, he hit his head and he stays drunk for most of the time at night. Not to mention his best friend is constantly blowing up his phone since her boyfriend broke up with her. But they talk too much - I don’t want to be THAT girlfriend that tells him he can’t have friends. But he puts too much attention on other women , I feel like I’m constantly fighting for his attention. And I had a talk with him he said he would put more into our relationship but I’m just tired. We’ve been together for a year now and I want my boyfriend to myself - I’m tired of sharing him with every new friend he gets. What should I do to get him to understand I’m serious - that I will walk out if he doesn't pay more attention to us. Should I ignore him for a few days? Or just end it?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people don't get it until they lose what their taking for granted. It seems to me you already tried the talking too route and it didn't do anything. Your boyfriend said he'd change but talk is cheap as he continues on the same path.
    Sooner or later when one person in a relationship is giving their all, and the other person is doing nothing but disrespecting the other, no matter how much you care even love someone you have to love yourself more, ending things might be your only option at this point. Hopefully it's gets his attention and he realizes if he doesn't change he'll lose you for good.
    If he doesn't realize and doesn't beg you to take him back then he's a guy you wouldn't want to be with in the first place and it's better for you to move on with your life.
    Believe me there's a guy out there that would love and care for you the way you deserve to be loved and cared for.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• he crashed his car, banged his head, and is constantly drunk : DONT YOU SEE HE'S SUFFERING !
    Something in his life is FUCKING HIM UP (a death of a relative, losing someone, friends going away ANYTHING) and YOU instead of supporting him you "FIGHT FOR HIS ATTENTION" ? WHAT THE FUCK

0|0
    0|0
    • Bc I tried to help him - I tried my best and I keep reaching out. But he doesn’t seem to be able to tell me what’s really going on.

• He lost one of his jobs and I lost both of mine, we are both stressed. He’s worried about money but he constantly fucks up. Always late to work , but upset when they fired him. He’s fucking up and making crazy decisions and I don’t know how to deal with a hurricane

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Ignoring him isn't a good idea. The saying "two wrongs don't make a right" is extremely true in relationships, it would just breed even more resentment.

You're already taking the best approach I think by talking to him. If he's agreed to work on it then maybe just a bit of time is all it will take. If nothing changes you still have the option of leaving but mostly clear communication is key.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ok so we just had the talk yesterday and I didn’t necessarily finish expressing all of my troubles I don’t want to keep dragging up old stuff but I’ve been dealing with this for a while. So I just want to deal with our issues and move forward

• Show All
    • Yea - I’m just so unsure of how he will react. Like if he doesn’t - when I do decide to leave? Or should I just keep my distance? Relationships are so confusing

• They are very confusing and nearly impossible to predict. Makes it hard to give or receive advice on them really.

• Break up or either talk to him about it , if he listens and respects what u say, then stay. If he didn't try to change n doesn't care, then leave.

0|0
    1|0
    • But he can talk to who ever he wants tbh... Unless he's doing something else...

• Show All
    • Talk to him about it. That's only way talk about more details. like if he's going through problems or something through his life

• Don't play games with him as if u lose him for it you will be fucked and it will be your fault just tell him how you feel and that if it continues you will walk out

0|0
    0|0
    • This isn’t about playing games it’s about letting him know I’m serious about walking out. He’s making bad decisions but expects everyone to accept him
      No matter what

• Show All
    • So did u tell him that

• Yes I did but I didn’t finish

• Yeah that will work

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes