How do I deal with my boyfriend?

Lately my boyfriend is being a complete idiot. He crashed his car, he hit his head and he stays drunk for most of the time at night. Not to mention his best friend is constantly blowing up his phone since her boyfriend broke up with her. But they talk too much - I don’t want to be THAT girlfriend that tells him he can’t have friends. But he puts too much attention on other women , I feel like I’m constantly fighting for his attention. And I had a talk with him he said he would put more into our relationship but I’m just tired. We’ve been together for a year now and I want my boyfriend to myself - I’m tired of sharing him with every new friend he gets. What should I do to get him to understand I’m serious - that I will walk out if he doesn't pay more attention to us. Should I ignore him for a few days? Or just end it?

27

Most Helpful Girl

• Some people don't get it until they lose what their taking for granted. It seems to me you already tried the talking too route and it didn't do anything. Your boyfriend said he'd change but talk is cheap as he continues on the same path.
    Sooner or later when one person in a relationship is giving their all, and the other person is doing nothing but disrespecting the other, no matter how much you care even love someone you have to love yourself more, ending things might be your only option at this point. Hopefully it's gets his attention and he realizes if he doesn't change he'll lose you for good.
    If he doesn't realize and doesn't beg you to take him back then he's a guy you wouldn't want to be with in the first place and it's better for you to move on with your life.
    Believe me there's a guy out there that would love and care for you the way you deserve to be loved and cared for.

Most Helpful Guy

• he crashed his car, banged his head, and is constantly drunk : DONT YOU SEE HE'S SUFFERING !
    Something in his life is FUCKING HIM UP (a death of a relative, losing someone, friends going away ANYTHING) and YOU instead of supporting him you "FIGHT FOR HIS ATTENTION" ? WHAT THE FUCK

• Bc I tried to help him - I tried my best and I keep reaching out. But he doesn’t seem to be able to tell me what’s really going on.

• He lost one of his jobs and I lost both of mine, we are both stressed. He’s worried about money but he constantly fucks up. Always late to work , but upset when they fired him. He’s fucking up and making crazy decisions and I don’t know how to deal with a hurricane