Ladies, what is your opinion of a guy values fitness and eating healthy? Does it intimidate you or make you insecure?

I'm a former college athlete and after my playing days, I fell in love with working out. I also decided that in order to maximize all of the time I spend working out I wanted to eat healthy or "clean" too. I switched from working out at a traditional gym to working out at a boxing/MMA gym and I've found it's not only a great workout but it's really fun. These are all activities and practices that I like to do for myself, and I don't expect any girl I'm dating to do the same. My question though, as a female, when looking for a guy or when dating a guy would a man who values fitness and a healthy diet intimidate you or make you insecure? I've had some female friends tell me that the fact that I value looking good makes some girls who are insecure question their worth, or question whether I'd really like them. Is any of this true?

277

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really intimidated or insecure, it's just something I'm not personally interested in, and because it's such a huge part of life, I wouldn't want to date a person like that. A person who dedicates their life to fitness should date someone who also does that.

• I wouldn't say my life is dedicated to fitness. I never once told my ex "sorry babe, I don't wanna get dinner tonight I need to go to the gym." And I think what you said is the misconception women have about guys like me-- fitness is ONE of my hobbies, not my passion.

• I see what you're saying, and perhaps because I'm talking about a single aspect of my life it seems like it consumes more of my time than it actually does. I just like to be well-rounded, I don't like to feel like there is anything a woman might be interested in that I can't do-- if you want to run a 5k I can do that, if you like to cook I know how to do that, I have a degree from a globally accredited university so I can have an intellectual conversation, I'd go on but I only sound more arrogant than I'm sure I already do lmao. I don't know I guess what I was trying to get from this post is I feel like I've spent a lot of time improving myself only to be told now that it's "intimidating" or makes women feel "insecure". And that's frustrating. It feels like "you weren't good enough before, but now you're too good" So I just wanted to see if that's actually the mentality of some women or if I've just received some bad insight

• I don't think most women find it to be a negative thing, especially if it's just a hobby among others.

Most Helpful Guy

• Simple solution-don't go for insecure girls, go for the higher quality ones who are confident they are good enough for you. You've earnt it through your hard work.

• Thanks man, you're probably right!