The new dating app Verimour utilizes a verification process that weeds out potential scammers, bots, and catfishers. Do you like this idea?

The new dating app Verimour utilizes a verification process that weeds out potential scammers, bots, and catfishers. Do you like this idea?There are many dating apps utilizing FACEBOOK as their verification process for you to use their app. Although verifying through FB might make it easier on the individual to sign up, it doesn't tackle the problem of scammers, catfishers, and bots that are running rampant through these apps.

Verimour wants to change this by actually verifying everyone on their site with real identification techniques. Check out their video below and let me know what you think? Also let me know if there is anything else that would be important to you when it comes to using a dating app.

https://verimour.com/demo/
  • Yes, it's about time
    Vote A
  • No (add comment)
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't care about dating apps or websites.
    I just want this blatant advert to disappear from my G@G already.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I kinda would be uneasy giving my social security number to a dating app. 😬

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I really like that fact that you can give a reason why you chose to not "like" the person. It would help improve their profile. Other than that, I don't know if I really like how the app looks. There's something sketchy about it. Or maybe it's just the way the video was made that put me off it. And as @witherwing said, I wouldn't be comfortable giving my social security number to a dating app which is something that they obviously haven't thought about. I don't blame them for that, though, because the app probably wasn't made with us secluded Nordics in mind.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m sure that’s a good start so at least nobody wastes their time or energy, but it’d be much better in my opinion if dating apps provided background checks. It would be nice to know which person is actually married with kids, if they have been convicted of felonies or misdemeanors, and if they are on a sex offender registry.

0|1
    0|0
  • Paid 3rd party? Giving my most private and "precious" information to an unknown company? Yea that doesn't sound like a risky endeavour. Even paid services have fake profiles and scammers. Yet ut can easily be solved by a human checking data.

0|3
    0|0
  • you posting what is essentially an advert is in itself a form of spamming and i think breaches g@g rules because you added the link but i won't be the one to report it because i doubt it was your intention. just one question though... do you really think it will be a long time before hackers break the firewall? and thats only if it really exists and they are not just saying they are safe to encourage more usage

0|0
    0|0
    • I am an expert on using the dating apps and always want to know the communities opinions on them and new ones that come out. As for your question, I simply don't go through life thinking that everything I have or am using will somehow be hacked. I wouldn't use anything if that were the case. Thanks for the comment !

• hmmm. i dont know if that naivity or inflated ego talking or something was lost in translation. maybe its just the difference between brits and yanks hey?

• I met my fiance through a sleezy social media app. Our relationship is very good and absolutely the most fulfilling relationship I've ever had...

Dating apps are definitely flawed though... my success story is very far from the norm.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's good. But that would mean there won't be a lot of people there. But quality is better than quantity anyways.

0|2
    0|0
  • I don’t use dating apps.. or online dating... but it sounds like a great idea?

0|1
    0|0
  • That's a nice pipe dream, but it's impossible. This scam-free system sounds like a scam to get people to pay for their dating site.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have much faith in that kind of technology. It sounds like my email that puts the most important emails into the junk folder.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not all countries have a form of national identity cards (such Asia social number). It's a positive step, but won't solve the problems on dating apps.

0|0
    0|0
  • Please no, I love trolling on dating sites saying like, "One Night Stands Only" as girl accounts haha.
    I'm sorry I act like a child.

0|0
    0|0
  • The thing with dating apps is, that it lacks human contact.
    It might seem an easy way to make contact, but I feel like it's just pointless.

0|0
    0|0
  • So far dating apps don't work I have never had any luck women say they want to meet you and then you never see them

0|0
    0|0
  • If they had something similar on this site GAG would cease to exist.

0|0
    0|0
  • seems sketchy i wouldn't do it till its been checked by lots of people and gets famous like tinder

0|0
    0|0
  • It is about fucking time. I just wish they chosen a non retarded name

0|0
    0|0
  • What does the Vergina Sun has to do with dating?

0|1
    0|0
    • What does a white ghost have to do with Snap Chat? Guessing it's just part of a logo design.

• Show All
    • if i had to guess. they wanted a unique logo for there app but nowadays nothing is unique so they did some sort of focus group and some research on what looks upmarket and they would of got purple and elegant spikes so they had to put that in a logo somehow hired someone or did it themselves to make one told them this and this is the best they could do if they do get bigger i bet u 100 bucks they will change there logo

• Yes, it's about time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, it's about time

0|1
    0|0
  • I guess it will rock the online dating world

0|1
    0|0
  • No comment

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, it's about time. But I doubt it's fool proof.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like data mine tbh

0|1
    0|0
  • That the Symbol for Alexander The Great

0|0
    0|0
  • I would like it if I coiled create a profile

0|0
    0|0
  • Dating apps never work anyways