Different religion?

So, I'm currently dating this guy who is actually pretty wonderful. And for sometime now, he's been hinting of wanting to be exclusive/serious. Unfortunately, we are of very different religions (one would say polar opposites with both barely tolerating the other). He seems to think I will be the one to convert however, I was raised into a very religious family and will never renounce my faith. But he's the perfect guy and I don't want to end up being like my sister who gave up a good guy because of the same issue but is still very much in love with him. Is it worth it to convert? Should I ask him to convert to my religion? Should I just give up no while everything is still not serious?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Does one of you really need to convert? Im not really religious so sorry if this sounds stupid but i feel like you guys could still be together and practice your religion separately. And also try your best to be tolerant and understand each others point of views even if you dont necessarily believe in what they do. Unless it is where its such a big thing in both your lives that itll just create conflict and in that case i would say its probably best to let him go now because i highly doubt either of you will be happy converting. Especially if its been a part of your life your whole life.

0|1
    0|0
    • I agree. I was brought up with just the little bit of christianity that is mainstream. My wife is Sikh. And it works beautifully. We both are open minded and we see the similarities in what we believe. When we see some things a little different, we dont try to convert we just try to see the perspective of the point of view and then decide what works for us. Religion doesn't have to be set in stone. Your free to Express it the best way for you and yours.

• We betray our Lord just for a man.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes