Should I wait for him to come back to me while I am striving hard to become a better self?

I had a boyfriend and we were together for 4 years. But suddenly one day he burst out about our no communication problem and we broke up. Half year later, he started dating a mutual friend whom he had treated as a sister. I say all the stupid things to try to salvage our relationship and of course it didn't work. He told me we are of wrong time, he will not come back to me and his feelings for me had faded. I still have strong feelings for him and i want him to come back to me. So i told him to be my close friend. Due to some personal relations, i got to know that the girl is complaining that my ex is bringing her to dinner at places that we used to go and that she doesn't like. He even ordered food that we used to eat and told her those are food that we liked and ate. When she told him about it, he asked to give him time and that he have not forgotten about me. She was fed up and started to be the one deciding where to go instead and have outing with her friends that he seems to be disinterested. When in front of me he appears to be alright and quite close to her.(We have other mutual friends and have group outing.) I heard is that she had changed herself for him (her style of clothing and some of her pattern). They have been together for about two months now but i heard she is wondering if he even loves her and that he seems not to be serious about her. Cause he ask her if he could continue to contact me, she said she don't feel comfortable about it but he said that she don't trust him as much as i did. So she had no choice but to agree. He even told her that he still have not forgotten about me, he will need to continue to contact me and maybe even meet me. I heard all these from a reliable source. However how he had treated me is a total opposite to all that i heard. He is not really replying to my messages. He seems to be going hot and cold on me. When i ask him out, he either told me he had other arrangement or no reply. What is he thinking? What should i do?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like a classic case of jumping into a relationship after a break up without really being over the prior relationship.

But no, he seemed serious about not wanting to continue to seee you.. even if he still has strong feelings for you. Don’t wait for him. If he decides to ask you to get back together, THEN decide.

• Yes. I guess thats how it sounds like.
      What makes you think that he is serious about not wanting to continue to see me? Since that wasn't what he has told his current girlfriend.

I am a emotional person, so it is really hard for me to let go of relationships. I know it isn't good for me to wait. But i just couldn't help myself. I am really deeply hoping that he will come back to me that i am trying to find out if there is any way possible..

Sorry if i am giving you trouble, i don't have any guy friends that i can ask this about. I want to know guys perspective of this. Since i won't know how guys think.