Would you ever tell someone you would like to go on a 2nd date, even if you didn't even mean it?

I went on a date (I'm very new to this) and I'm generally pretty quiet with new people. At the end he told me it had been special but he enjoyed it and he asked when I would be free for a 2nd date. I wouldn't blame him if he didn't mean it, since I was awkward...

At the end of a first date, would you tell the person you would like to go on a second date, even if you didn't feel anything / didn't want to?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Results
    Vote C

24

Most Helpful Guy

• That's the coward's way out, but I'm a pretty cowardly guy, so I don't think you should but I might anyway. Much better to simply tell the polite truth. "I enjoyed our time together but it doesn't seem to me that we really click. Thanks for the evening/lunch/whatever." And if you didn't enjoy the date even a little bit, then why care about giving offense?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't lie to them like that. I would say something nice about the date but then say I don't think we'll work out.