I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It calls for disaster.

1|1
    1|0
    • Why do you think so?

• Show All
    • I have the same feeling. A girl asked me to join a polyamory relationship with her current boyfriend. I feel the boyfriend would hate it, and I would basically be thinking about how to get rid of him.

So I think it will be a relationship of convenience, with plenty of competition and drama.

• Yeah, it's to much trouble.

Most Helpful Girl

• no...

1|0
    0|0
    • Why do you think so?

• how can anyone involved in that kind of relationship get the most out of it? it just goes against giving yourself fully to the other person... you have to split yourself amongst two or more people, its not natural..

• Exactly my same words to the girl.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• 1 man and 1 woman per marriage but with the man married to multiple women is actually quite natural and indeed found in nature everywhere. Its efficient because 1 man can impregnate many women. Even scientific studies have shown that women are naturally wired to be monogamous whereas men on the other hand are wired the complete opposite. There is even thousands of years of biblical precedent with even some religions in modern times who still practice or at least still believe in the practice of one man and one woman in a marriage but the man in multiple marriages.

0|1
    2|0
    • Thanks you. Do you have any link to those studies?

• That's polygamy, not polyamory. They aren't the same thing.

• This is literally the worst thing that can happen for social cohesion. They'd be a lot of infighting with women, a lot of cheating by women, a lot of depressed, emotionally drained men and most dangerously a massive amount of young disenfranchised men without the ability to find a mate who are prone to result to violence. I wouldn't be surprised if kidnapping and a real decrease in female morale (due to the pressure placed on them to marry) became super commonplace. Biologically we're neither strictly monogamous or polyamorous, because our psyche is much more complex. Being polygynous makes 0 sense because humans are super social, require longer growth times and rely on more human contact, which suggests the need for a longterm mate or a support network. You're also ignoring the role of sex within our culture, it's not biological but social, it's about bonding, which both genders engage in, actually more so for women.

• I think it's each persons own business how they express their love and to who - as long as it's all safe, sane and consensual.

I've toyed with the idea that I may be polyamourous. Monogamy has never, ever felt natural to me. The realist in me knows that there isn't one soulmate for each of us out there. It also knows that people change, life happens and you don't always love the same person forever. I also know that just because I love someone it doesn't stop me from loving other people.

You can't dictate love to others and you can't say with certainty how they feel, so I think people should just leave others to it and start accepting that monogamy isn't the only way a person can be happy and just because YOU don't feel like that doesn't mean other people are being untrue to themselves.

0|1
    1|0
    • When I'm in love with someone I don't see any other person. It just feels natural to me to love to be this way.

• And that's fine, I have no objection to that whatsoever. Im not trying to say everyone should feel this way but just accept that different things make different people happy. It doesn't always work out for polyamorous relationships, but many "normal" relationships don't either.

• Okay, thanks for sharing!

• I don't like it personally but as long as there is no deception, there is nothing inherently wrong with that. I don't think I could be able to give multiple women an adequate amount of love and attention.

1|1
    0|0
  • Polyamory is something only the pathetic would do.

1|0
    1|1
  • Np I get jealous sometimes when I see others girls that are friends. I hates hock up. When my current boyfriend had date night. We can only talk about one mins before a girl comes over.

0|1
    0|0
  • just an excuse to sleep with other people. polyamory aka thot lifestyle

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s just too much, I don’t get why anyone would want to live like that

1|1
    1|0
  • Too difficult in a regular life.

0|1
    0|0
  • it is not good for me.

0|1
    0|0
  • NO, NO, NO , NO!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Never

0|0
    0|0
  • nooooooo

0|0
    0|0
  • Neither good nor bad, depends on the person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe for some people it works... In my case, I like to be the most important person to my partner. He already did the two girl thing and it was tiring for him. I barely have the capacity to focus on one guy let alone two...

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm going to say yes just to be that guy.

My arguments will make me unpopular. Male biology is built around polyamory (men only mmmk). We're supposed to breed like rabbits. Remember Women cheat differently than men. Most women cheat out of frustration within their relationship. Men cheat because a good opportunity arrives. Biologically it makes sense, women are more selective because they get pregnant and are supposed to look after their kids.

Men are supposed to breed as much as possible. Meaning of life baby. So polyamory is good for all if women accepted it. It's part of our DNA. It's just the gender balance issue which is what disease and war are supposed to fix.

Fuck me I'm going anon

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes