I'm going on a date this Friday, but should I tell him I cut?

We've known each other for a while, and no one really knows I cut and if the relationship last I don't know when to tell him. Before the date, on the date or after?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn’t tell him about it on the first date. Maybe wait until your relationship gets a little stronger, trust eachother more and maybe one day when you are having a private conversation about life than you can tell him. I know I myself would never judge and try to help my girl any way I can. I have the caring personality hardly any guys have however but if he truly cares he won’t judge. He’ll accept you. Don’t feel bad tho I cut too sometimes. Anyway good luck!

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• After a month of dating or so I’d say. You might scare him off if you tell him right away but then again if he doesn’t accept you for cutting it’ll be better to know before you guys get serious

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks, I was thinking that but I dated this one guy for like 3 weeks and then he found out on accident ams he got pissed

• And*

• I was dating a guy for 3 months and then I told him I self harm... he acted like it was okay but then he started distancing himself from me and ended up breaking up with me a few weeks later.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Hey feel free to DM me, i'm 20 and i dated a girl who had some cuts on her arm and she was reluctant to talk to me about it but i conforted her about it and really helped her feel at ease. She even started walking around without long sleeves on when she was with me. Sure i could help

0|0
    0|0
  • Dont stress about it too much, if he really likes you that won't be a deal breaker, tho you gotta be honest up front but not too soon, get it

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't tell him anything, if he realizes that just shows that he's genuinely interested in knowing you and gives a damn about you

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes