Girls, what is more important to you - work or finding a guy?

I often hear girls/women say, I don’t want to be with a man or a guy because I want to focus on my career. I don’t know if a girl means it or if she’s merely brushing a guy off so he stops talking to her?

And a few more points if girls/women can answer on here...

- Where are the best places to meet girls?

- How should a random guy approach you if he is interested?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I work with a man who has my eye. All I did the last 3 years was work hard to make my career. I'm actually now settled and wanting to find the right guy. Question for you: how do I go about this guy at my job? I never like anyone but this one has my heart, mind and soul.

0|0
    0|0
    • For me I'm different, I don't like dealing with girls at work unless I plan to quit the job because I've heard some horror stories and awkward stories involving male/female relationships at work. I worked at a retail job once, and the manager's wife came into the store and started shouting at him because his wife found out he cheated on her. But I think the best way to go about it, plan a an event with colleagues, like hang out at a restaurant and slowly engage with him, or if there's a cafeteria at the workplace and then I think slowly integrate talking to him by talking more and more as the weeks go on and hopefully the two of you can connect which can then lead to hanging out alone without colleagues. But if you work near him, having small chit chat is fine. For example, if you know he's a basketball or hockey fan, try talking about the playoff game, guys love talking about sports, not all, but many do, depends what type of guy he is.

• Or talk about the new Avengers film if he's into that. But obviously, you would have to watch that film to so you can talk about it lol. If I meet a girl who's into Marvel movies and I find her attractive, that's pretty much enough for me to engage in a deep conversation. I mean there are other things I can talk about like sports, politics, religion (God), traveling, but talking about movies is something I enjoy because I like to get others opinions about the storylines, the plot, what was good about the movie and what was not so great about the movie.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 30

• I always focus on success first, because me being successful shouldn’t prevent me from meeting a partner. As for how a guy should approach: up front.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are both important things. I would say that finding love is more important than work in the long run. There isn't a specific place to meet a girl either, it be in your local grocery store, a while you're going for a run etc.

0|1
    0|0
    • Exactly! Your like the only girl who highlighted that. Even for me I know work is important but everyday there will be government postings, bank postings, administrative postings and etc. So I admit if I conduct myself the right way, approach a girl with confidence and she says “I’m focused on my career only” it ticks me off because to me it implies that I won’t support her.

• I can make time for both. My boyfriend is supportive and not a distraction to me.

I wouldn't know where to talk to girls, I'm pretty anti social, my boyfriend and I like to stay at home a lot lol

Also talking to random strangers to get numbers is ok as long as it's not creepy. I have never been interested in dating someone seriously when being approached in the mall or any other public place.

0|0
    0|0
  • School right now is the most important, but it shouldn’t be hard to have a good job and a boyfriend, unless maybe you’re an astronaut or something like that. I know many people who can balance both very well.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well for me its a 50/50 thing. It depends if we click or not. Im usuly the type of person that if i feel a connection with someone. Im all in. But if i dont i will let them know straight forward and walk away. I will never say oh i have to do a lot of work lol. The truth is you can do both. There are married people who work and last time i checked marriage was a perminant relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • Finding the right guy is already a difficult job to do 😁 but kidding aside, I'd focus on my work as I wait patiently on the right guy to come along.

You can meet girls anywhere! What matters is how you approach them and being yourself works just fine 👌

1|0
    0|0
  • I feel like working or school should be a priority first but if you find a guy along the way i think in some way you can balance both

1|1
    0|0
  • At this point of my life really its work and focusing on myself and studies, and i know some guys think its just an excuse to reject them really its not

0|0
    0|0
    • But by the time your 30, I'm assuming if you weren't with a guy you want to focus more on that then work, correct? As for the excuse thing, I've heard from others that women or girls will say that if a guy is after them trying to ask them out on a date.

• Show All
    • Don't get me wrong, money is important because it drives our lives in order to live and reduce stress but sometimes it's the little things that matter most.

• I get you, lucky is the girl you'll choose.

• For the first question i think that the best way to meet girls is around the city ( but it's hard now, so I'd say online. )

For the second one, you should approach normally, being you, without talking of sex or saying shit like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends on whether the girls is career-oriented. If they are, then work will be important to them. Finding a guy is just looking for someone to share your happiness or sorrow.

0|0
    0|0
    • Nah see I don't view relationships like that, a relationship should be a team with great chemistry, not just about sex. If it's only to share sorrow and happiness then that's a friend, yes, I understand, you share those significant moments with spouses or significant others as well but it's different when comparing it to a friend.

• At this point, finding a guy because I prefer love and intimacy over materials and wealth and as long as I have a job I can live off I'll be ok. I don't know about the other questions though.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yep, I feel the same way. Work can be stressful but to go home and your spouse is there to help you through that tough day makes a huge difference. I don't think it's healthy to just have a single bedroom condo and live the rest of one's life with a cat. Animals don't communicate like humans so there's less human interaction, it's fine to have them but I'm utterly shocked by how many girls and women on here are saying careers over relationships.

• Don't get me wrong, it's great to be ambitious and pursue a career which I am all for female independence but there should be a balance.

• Yeah I agree. But I think many women choose careers over relationships is because men can cheat and betray. You can also lose your job as well but as long as good have a good resume you will probably be all good

• Finding a man and I'd say online and just say hi maybe flit a bit and go from their but don't mention sex right off the bat unless that's all you want

0|0
    0|0
  • Both, I need work to be independent, and I want a man to be happier

0|0
    0|0
  • Work of course cause what should I do without money?

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a guy, so work.

0|0
    0|0
  • a man that loves me

0|1
    0|0
  • Working

0|0
    0|0
    • But if guys/men approached you and asked you out would you automatically shut them down?

• If I was too busy for a relationship, yeah I would just be honest. I don't like leading people on.

• I really think you should balance both though. Honestly, I have never worked somewhere I loved the environment and job to the extent of not caring about the opposite gender. My dad, who is now a retired engineer believed in the whole RRSP's and work hard, work hard approach but as he has gotten older his advice to me is, don't overwork yourself and don't invest in RRSP's, enjoy the money you make now, not later down the road.

• Depends :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Work

0|0
    0|0
  • Work without a doubt

0|0
    0|0
  • Work

0|0
    0|0
  • Work... i love man who is mature.

0|0
    0|0
  • Work of course

0|0
    0|0
  • Work...😊

0|0
    0|0
  • work

0|0
    0|0
    • I know understand careers are important, I’m in law school so I get it but I still keep my eyes open because job postings come up everyday, finding the right guy is tougher. You know that saying money comes and money goes I believe that, but to have a special bond with a guy is irreplaceable and that’s what I want women to understand. I guess I’m different but I’m very supportive of people who want to obtain their goals in life and I don’t want to step in the way of hers because either but both can be done.

• Is it okay to note, “wow you are pretty” lol

• Work

0|0
    0|0
  • Find a beautiful guy

0|0
    0|0
  • Work

0|0
    0|0
  • Work

0|0