How to shut someone down without hurting them?

All the time on social media random girls will hit me up and quickly get all flirty. Most of the time I don't like the girl, but I hate hurting people. How do I subtly hint to a girl that I'm not interested without coming on too hard? Also I'm single so I can't mention that I have a girlfriend or anything like that.

03

Most Helpful Guys

• Being discreet isn't always an option. In my opinion, it isn't a good choice anyway since the message could be misunderstood or misinterepeted. Everyone is different, so everyone needs to be told off differently. Maybe they do have a great personality, but they aren't right for you. Maybe it could just not work out at all. Tell them straight, not to improve to have a shot or anything, but that you aren't interested in a relationship right now.

• Thanks. I've only really some that to one girl before because she WOULD NOT SCREW OFF

• I know how it can be. I've been sort of "stalked" before by a girl and I didn't know how to handle it, so it didn't really go anywhere. That's one good thing my absent-mindedness and indecisiveness have done for me.

• Give them a one word response, tell them you're busy and can't talk. I highly doubt they'll keep wasting their time if you literally show no signs of being interested in them.