If you break up with someone, how long does it take you to date again?

5167

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually after a break up I'll wait 2 weeks -2 months before "getting out there again as in doing the casual sex rounds. Depending on how the break up ended (unless it had been dying slowly or months) then I'm not emotionally available when I first start dating again, but the act of going out there, meeting new people, learning new things in the sheets, and just having fun makes me move on faster. Emotionally it can take 2 months to a little over a year.

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't measure the time i need with a table of sorts to know when i'm ready for another relationship. grief over the loss of a deep relationship should be felt, not measure. same goes for starting a new relationship... it should be natural. that being said, follow what you feel rather than what culture is trying to dictate you, keep yourself hydrated, and try enjoying the moment.