If you break up with someone, how long does it take you to date again?

If you break up with someone, how long does it take you to date again?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually after a break up I'll wait 2 weeks -2 months before "getting out there again as in doing the casual sex rounds. Depending on how the break up ended (unless it had been dying slowly or months) then I'm not emotionally available when I first start dating again, but the act of going out there, meeting new people, learning new things in the sheets, and just having fun makes me move on faster. Emotionally it can take 2 months to a little over a year.

0|1
    0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't measure the time i need with a table of sorts to know when i'm ready for another relationship. grief over the loss of a deep relationship should be felt, not measure. same goes for starting a new relationship... it should be natural. that being said, follow what you feel rather than what culture is trying to dictate you, keep yourself hydrated, and try enjoying the moment.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Well, for me it generally would take something like 2 months nowadays, but when i was younger it could take even a year to get over someone. Yep being used to break ups makes someone toughter, and when my interest was already fading it could take me no more than a week.

2|1
    0|0
  • It took me 5 months it was a toxic relationship and i'm really happy it eneded anyway so i started dating the minute i moved on and felt good about myself again and to be honest just remember nobody is worth your sadness , move on , go to the gym , get a busy life to forget easier and the most important meet new people , that helped me the most
    Good luck

1|1
    0|0
  • The next day jokes. Lol. No im actually the opposite of that because i am very attached when it comes to love. If i chose to love someone im all there. Like its deep but if i am not attracted to a guy i will tell him straight up that i dont like you in that way. Its actually really rare that i feel a deep connection with someone. I guess i t means i dont fall in love easily because i have yet to find him.

0|1
    0|0
  • I used to wait a few months to make sure I wasnโ€™t on rebound. However, after my divorce, I waited for 4 years before taking the chance and I was still terrified.

0|1
    0|0
  • I didn't date anyone after my first love. That was like 10 years ago? Dating is so time consuming. Maybe I'm just hopeless romantic.

0|2
    0|0
  • I always start dating pretty quickly as it helps me move on quicker. I never used too as it took me three years to get over an ex many years ago and during that time I never dated anyone. As I've gotten older I've learned to jump on the bandwagon quicker as it helps

0|0
    0|0
  • It totally depends on you that how you want it. If you keep on whining then it might take a while but if you are determined towards moving on it will take less time. But yes of course it will take time , there will be days you will feel really low and it's totally ok because you know what after every life happens it doesn't stops for anyone.

0|1
    0|0
  • It took me over 12 years and I still haven't found a date yet she ripped my heart out I came home a Valentine's Day and I caught her begging you somebody on the front room floor and I had flowers and roses and it was under a year of being married to her so you tell me how long should I go without my company answer that question

0|1
    0|0
  • As long as it takes to text the next one in the on-deck circle.

I might wait a few hours if I need a nap first.

No use crying over spilled dick I say.

1|0
    1|2
  • Broke up with ex at end of feb (she ended it, i wanted to keep trying), difficult circumstances. I'm beginning to look at dating options now. 2-3 months

0|1
    0|0
  • It takes me much less time when the guy didn't care or never really showed any interest while being in the relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well it's been a year and although I have a crush on someone I don't think I'm fully ready to date yet. Maybe I am im. nit completely against it but I'm not all for it either just not sure.

0|1
    0|0
  • For me, it took about 2 months. But it was totally rebound and I didn't feel good dating at all. My first date were I finally really felt like dating was 4-5 months after.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how long we've been together, and under which circumstances we broke up. Generally, it's a minimum of 1 week, to a maximum of 1 month.

I use that time to make certain changes that help with recovery.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say a couple of years or so, but I've never dated anyone before so I don't know how long it woukd take!

0|1
    0|0
  • My girlfriend and I of 8 years just broke up less than 2 weeks ago after I found out she was cheating on me, I am already talking to girls although it feels very uncomfortable, I know it's what must be done to move on.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on the kind of treatment he or she gave you before the breakup. If the relationship was a good one , it's gonna take a while because the memories you had with her would always pop up whenever you are with your partner.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends how long we were together and if I loved them. A minimum of 2 weeks is say but it can take a year sometimes

0|1
    0|0
  • My last relationship ended nearly 2 years ago and I'm just now talking to guys. I wasn't ready before.

0|1
    0|0
  • Usually within a week or so I start talking to other people, going on dates. Usually by a month im in another relationship.

0|1
    1|0
  • Depends on the situation most cases a month. Rare cases right away. Then one time a good year or 2 went by.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its honestly really different for everybody. My last relationship was 6 months ago, and i have times where i want to date again, but then i remember the feeling of heartbreak, and dont want to date anyone for a little while longer. It can also depend on what the situation was.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on who it was and the situation and how much that hurt and all that

0|2
    0|0
  • Whoever comes around and I really truly like next. There's no set time. I ain't one to sit around and mope.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its been 3 years for me. But that's just me. She has been in 5 other relationships since then. But I was never one to just jump back in. I guess I can't just turn it off and on so easily as others.

0|1
    0|0
  • As long as needed there is no set amount oc time you should wait. Everyone is diffrent and every relationship is different. So it is up to you to feel like putting yourself back in a venerable place.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm usually trying to get back out there after two or three weeks

0|1
    0|0
  • Ugh my brains like a computer I can delete feelings ๐Ÿ˜• but thatโ€™s only because Iโ€™ve been with 3 girls who all cheated on me

0|1
    0|0
  • well its been 4 years for me and i am still not attracted to another girl

1|2
    0|0
  • Depends on depth of connection and attachment.. I asked the same question a wee while ago if you wanna check that out.

0|0
    0|0
  • If itโ€™s was good you have Tom find another like now but if itโ€™s was bad just wait and explore your self after this relationship...

0|1
    0|0
  • As soon as you're ready. After my last breakup I waited about a week and then started going on dates again.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on circumstances and events. Perferable sooner than later but life sometimes may get in the way

0|1
    0|0
  • It took my boyfriend a long time to date again... I however... took me at least a month

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know
    If I break up with someone that means I have no intent to be with them so ๐Ÿ˜‚

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on how deep the relationship was and how it ended. Each individual have their own timeline

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on how the breakup happened and how you felt about it and how long you two were together

0|2
    0|0
  • It all depends how deep in the relationship you were for me I'll probably say 2weeks

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm going on 19 years. When I find someone I'll let you know.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you loved the person then a pretty long time
    However if you didn't then most likely right away.

0|2
    0|0
  • It is a totally personal choice. Personally, I'd give it 2-6 months based on the duration and seriousness of the relationship. I'd rather concentrate on my hobbies in the time being. Some me time...

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the next how early it will come into your lyf

0|1
    0|0
  • first girl i see i will try to go on a date with ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

0|1
    0|0
  • In Frustration.. 2-3 Days.. And After Regular Might Be 1 Month ๐Ÿ˜‚

0|1
    0|0
  • However long it takes to meet someone. It could be a week could be a few years.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wait a month to get over the break up and show that I'm not desperate over the break up

0|1
    0|0
  • A week mabey a day depends on the bitch and how horny i am

0|1
    1|0
  • May be tommorow may be next year all depend on the way you broke up

0|1
    0|0
  • 6 months if I was way too serious about him.. otherwise it takes near about 2 months.

0|1
    0|0
  • Until I find someone to trust. It's been almost 2 years now and my trust is still the same.

0|1
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes