Does it really matter how tall your partner is?

It may look funny if your partner is two heads taller than you, but I wonder if it really is an issue for most people.
I think the most intelectual people won't really mind the height, after all, someone interesting has to focus on many points of someone's personality before their physical appearance.
  • Aye aye, sir (ᗒᗨᗕ)
    Vote A
  • Definitely no ( ̄ε ̄)
    Vote B
  • Maybe ╮(^_^)╭
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I don't care. What am I going to do with my partner being taller or shorter than me? Nothing. There are other things to consider, something as irrelevant and superficial as height is not one of them.

2|1
    0|0
    • Apparently many girls who also answered here don't think that way unfortunately (T_T)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Does to me.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, it does.

0|0
    0|0
  • Idc how tall a guy is, but im short so I wouldn't want someone too tall. Like over 5'11 I have to look way up at you, can't kiss without being lifted up or them beding way down, its just weird. But I do like when theyre taller but i dont care if theyre shorter.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of all the things that matter in relationships, height is pretty close to the bottom of the list. Yes, I do prefer certain heights because it's just logistically easier to cuddle or kiss someone who's not too much taller than me. But I wouldn't turn a guy down just for that reason. It's just a preference.

1|1
    0|0
  • Before I used to think that if I dated someone he must be my height or taller. But this year I started liking a guy. He's shorter than me but he's a very cute and chill person. Now ever since I started liking him, I don't care about height and wouldn't mind being with someone shorter than me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes personality is important, but physical attraction is quite important for the initial stage. I am pretty small 5'1, so obviously I want someone taller than me. But I would start to feel uncomfortable if the guy is like 6'2 because the difference is too big, not good for my neck hahaha

0|0
    0|0
    • Why is it "obvious" that you want someone taller? Is it really that necessary?

• Show All
    • Well to me yeah it is quite important that they are taller than me and I don't think is a lot to ask for a guy to be taller than 5'1 right?

• @Jxy95 It's not like you an ask someone to be taller than 5'1, they are how they are, they can't grow anymore just for that preference.

• I'd prefer someone who us at least a head taller than me but lot of south Asian are quite small and I am considered quite tall
    So at the very end it prob won't even matter that much
    But he has to be taller than me
    Even if it's just a cm or two

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really, their height doesn’t determine their personality

1|3
    0|0
  • I'm 5'5 and my wife is 6'2 and it's the best. Ide always thought I liked short girls cause I'm short but when I saw her I instantly fell in love and dint want anyone else. I don't think it's the height I think it's the person.

4|1
    0|0
  • Yes, it does matter to me! I would want my soulmate to be taller than I am, but only just a little bit. Not a lot!!! As a woman; I was never really attracted to short guys... But since I am NOT looking for a soulmate; I guess there was no need for me to respond to the question. I am single and proud!! Always have been, always will be...

0|0
    0|0
  • Indeed it does.
    I need a partner tall so he can access the freshest air, as I cannot since I am of average height.
    The freshest air into his body provides the healthiest sperm for procreation.

0|5
    0|1
  • Personally I don’t care how tall he is as long as he’s of equal height or greater. I’m 5”6 so that’s not a very difficult thing to do. But I dated a guy shorter than me once and I hated it. Made me feel bulky and unfeminine.

0|0
    0|0
    • I am 1cm shorter than you , would you date me?

• Girls say this pretty often, but how much taller are they looking for. Wouldn't they rather date someone 6foot rather than 5'7 (my height)?

• Not particularly. Equal or greater is fine by me. I don’t mind looking straight at a guy (same height) or up at him. It’s just when I have to look down at him that’s annoying.

• I thought for years that it would matter, and I was set on finding someone 6 ft or taller. And then I dated someone about a centimeter taller than me, and I’m one of the shortest people I know. You don’t know how you’re going to feel about someone until you actually meet them.

0|1
    0|0
  • They can be as short as 5'5" or as tall as 6'6". Hobbit size or Amazonian Goddess size each has their own charm. Where shorter women tend to be more cutesy and cuddly while taller women seem to be more beautiful and exalting. While I'm open-minded, I'll be attracted for different reasons it seems.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've had things with short guys, most of them were very handsome and hot and their height wasn't much problem, since they had other things to "compensate" it. But I have a preference for taller guys.

1|1
    0|0
  • To be honest I'm not sure I would date a woman who was like 7 foot tall, unless she was a volleyball player or in the WNBA or something hahaha. I know it's not suppose to matter, but I guess my first impression would just be a little taken aback.

1|0
    0|0
  • Noo
    But society is stupid and choose trait that do not matter.

1|1
    0|0
  • Height doesn’t have anything to do with my guy’s personality or overall physical appearance

0|2
    0|0
  • I'm 5ft0. Anyone shorter than me would be a issue because I'd feel like I was with a child. But I do prefer taller guys 5"8+ because it makes up for what I lack.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd go with a maybe for the most part a proper true love relationship it shouldn't really matter. Other than the occasional anoyance of constantly changing the postion of the drivers seat. And maybe crook in the neck from the hugs and kisses.

0|0
    0|0
  • So long as he is taller than me, I don’t care by how much. I don’t often wear heels 👠 anyway. I just don’t like the awkwardness of someone shorter than me. I’m 5’6” so yeah.

0|0
    0|0
    • So people under 5'6" are completely removed from your dating possibilities, no matter how much effort they've put into dating you? That's sad.

• Show All
    • Calm down (¬‿¬), don't make that many assumptions, because you might be very wrong without noticing.
      Let's leave it here, are you okay with that? I don't wish to have an infinite fight that will lead nowhere, because it's leading nowhere so far, right?

• Thank you.

• I prefer a guy to be the same height or taller but I wouldn't rule out a relationship with a shorter gentleman if I had feelings.

0|1
    0|0
  • Height preferences are biologically ingrained in us, your "intellect" can't really override that.
    Most people wouldn't be comfortable with unfavorable height differences.

I personally wouldn't be comfortable dating someone over 1 or maybe 2 inches taller than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't really matter to me... if she is taller than me i would just adapt... but from what i've seen online many women state that they don't care how tall are you... you just have to be taller than her...

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah. I do think height differences are cute w/ some couples but I'm not making my decisions based on how tall they are. That's limiting as heck

0|1
    0|0
  • Personality and interests come first but yes actually if a woman was way shorter than me I would be scared I would accidentally hurt her.(I mean a lot shorter like a whole foot shorter). Plus height issues when it comes to cuddles and other intimate things could prove complicated.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its a preference thing but shouldn't ever be a deal breaker.

2|0
    0|0
  • As long as you are happy with your partner and he or she is with you... nothing really matters!

2|3
    0|0
  • That would make us look shallow. You could miss out on a really great person. I would rather date a woman with a sweet disposition than someone who is very beautiful on the outside only and nasty on the inside I've gone that route and it was the most miserable time of my life. Watch the movie shallow Hal that will explain everything.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 6' 6, and my girlfriend is 5' 4, we are called "cute" and if anything it makes it easier for me to put her on my shoulders, so all's good.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 159cm tall, so heights isn't important to me. you'd have to search really hard to find someone shorter than me and I wouldn't mind either if they were way taller than me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah. I was the same height as my boyfriend and taller if i wore heels

0|1
    0|0
  • It would be nice to be with a 5'10" or taller girl, but they are so rare. I'll be happy with whatever height of a girl I meet is.

2|1
    0|0
  • I'm 6 foot 4 and quite intimidated by girls which have the same length, so yes, to me it does matter a lot. I have to be taller, don't really care about how much though.

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't think that it would be easy on the eye having a much taller girlfriend, a bit taller is fine.

2|0
    0|0
  • In my experience, tall women are attracted to tall men. Short women, less so. I'm 5'6" and I've dated a few women who were taller than me - like 5'8" - but the woman I married is shorter than me. We like what we like.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its not like its a take or break
    Its just like many things a factor of the overall
    So dose it matter? Yes
    Dose that mean wrong highest mean No? No

0|0
    0|0
  • i actually really prefer someone much taller than i however I've dated guys my exact height or who aren't much taller

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends but physical attraction is very important in most relationships. Most girls would like a guy who's taller. Most guys would like a girl who's either the same height or shorter

0|0
    0|0
  • Physical appearance and height is not important to me as long as she is a good match for my personality...
    Because it hard to find women who match my personality...

0|0
    0|0
  • I have to say yes, it does, but that's only because I'm 6'5, I get my height from my dad who's 6'4, there are barely any girls who match with me in that department and it's tough dating shorter women. I mean physically tough it actually physically hurts my back after a while to keep constantly bending down all the time. 5'9 is cutoff. My girlfriend is actually 5'9 and she comes to about my chin or my mouth if she's wearing heels and it's kinda nice. Every other girl I meet is like 5'2-5'8. My best friend (a female) is 5'2 and I can lift her up with one arm (and I'm not an overly strong guy).

0|0
    0|0
  • Long as he ain’t shorter than me I’m fine preferably taller I’m 5’2 and a half so I would hope I had a guy taller which I do my husband lol he’s 6’

0|0
    0|0
  • It definutely don't matter. It's just like the saying "the looks aren't what's important, it's what's on the inside" 😊

1|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely... Damn Amazon women running aroud, No thank you... I only date women who are 5'3 or shorter.

0|0
    1|0
  • A little bit yes. I’m 5’3” so a 6’5”+ person is going to be super tall to me. Won’t be able to reach him to kiss lol or slow dance

0|1
    0|0
    • And I'm tired of dating mostly women who are 5'10 but most women I know that are 5'3 are with guys who are 6'2... It kinda weirds me out a bit.

• nahh i do not care one bit.
    if I like her and we fit together and their personality i would be really crazy to let her go :)

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m 5’4 (163cm) and my boyfriend is 6’6 (201cm) and I don’t mind; I actually really like it because when we hug, I can press my head against his chest and hear his heartbeat.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm much taller than my gal. But that's usually accepted. However it makes 69 more difficult. But I love dancing with a women whos's breast touch my chest and I don;t have to bend over to kiss.

0|0
    0|0
  • I only date tall guys with a great personality and a lot of money

0|3
    0|2
    • Show All
    • Well, at least you are honest... probably.

• Alright then, I guess. It’s how you phrased it. It came off like you value monetary wealth in a man’s worth. Which sounds shadier than “I want a guy with similar ambitions”.

• Nope just as long he really loves u and respects and etc to u no

0|1
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes