Should couples have to know where they’re at all the time?

I have two friends in my group. We are all in a committed relationship.

The other day my relationship was brought into conversation cause I mentioned my guy friend gave me a ride to school. Then my guy friend brought up “where’s your man at right now” I said “I don’t know” and they looked at me like I’m crazy

they mentioned you should always know. It could build trust. Then my friend Alyssa told us about how her boyfriend was annoyed that she was asking where he was at all the time.

Do you honestly need to always know though? I feel like im living under my parents home “tell us when you leave home, when you get to college, when you’re out of classes” holy crap. It’s s but much isn’t it? Id be happy to be honest with him but I don’t feel like I need to check up

2738

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the relationship and the situation. I've lived in dangerous places and we'd keep tabs on each other just in case some shit went down. Trust issues could be a reason to do it as well... like we all know what happened when they get that joint facebook account. The only question on our minds is "which one was it that cheated?"

If you're in a safe place, not exposed to danger, and trustworthy... I wouldn't bother keeping track of where you're at. Now if cheating or the possibility is in the picture... changes everything. Thugs in the neighborhood that like to rape... changes everything. It just depends.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, but if you're living together, I feel like that's a little different. I don't necessarily need to know my boyfriends every move, but it's nice to know where he is/what he's doing so I can plan around him (if I need to make him dinner, if I should be polite and wait for him to eat, if he planned on coming home by a certain time for an evening together or am I free to spontaneously hang out with friends, etc). Communication is key in a committed relationship.

Personally I rarely ask where my boyfriend is/what he's doing if we don't live together. I just don't care about that level of detail.