Guys, why Is he acting distant?

I started dating this guy nearly 3 months ago but the relationship hasn’t progressed beyond casual dates and banging, perhaps at least in part because I move away to a different country in 3 weeks.

To begin with he was very full on, always the one initiating but recently I have had to initiate a lot. We even went a week without speaking at all, perhaps because I was busy visiting a friend but anyway,

When I do message him he is very responsive and will engage in meaningful conversation, and he implies he doesn’t want me doing anything with another guy although hasn’t said this explicitly.

I don’t think this ‘relationship’ will go anywhere, but at the same time it is bruising my ego seeing him distance himself from. me.

Anyone shed any light?

Also. There is a language barrier and we mainly converse in my language, English, but he struggles with this and I wonder if this adds to the distance?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Ask him. It may just be a simple case of he doesn't know that he is being distant. Find something you like to do together and spend your time doing that. Conversation won' happen without common interest.

0|0
    0|0
  • He probably sees the writing on the wall and is low key trying to protect his own heart. I don't blame him.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes