Girls, would you date a guy who refused to ever get married?

I still want to date, I still want to have a girlfriend, but I never, ever want to get married. Not in this day and age, not in the west. It's nothing but slavery for a man, plain and simple; there's absolutely nothing to be gained from it, and everything to lose. And I can never trust any woman enough to marry her, or get engaged to her. Not now, any more. My sister destroyed her husband's life, and took away his kids; my brother committed suicide a few months ago after being utterly destroyed by his wife, who stole his daughter away and repeatedly abused him; my cousins' careers have been derailed by false rape claims; my grandfather's in prison for the rest of what remains of his life, after having been convicted of an alleged sexual assault which he was supposed to have committed more than 30 years ago, at a time when he had documented proof that he wasn't even in the country, with nothing to substantiate the woman's claim.

Since I was a kid, I've always wanted to get married and live happily ever after, have babies and raise a family with a beautiful wife. But now? No. I've seen too much. Even just the thought of dating a girl, any girl, sets me on edge; no matter how sweet and cute and innocent and honest she might come across as being, no matter how much I might love her, and regardless of whether she has my babies or not, I've resolved that I'm NEVER going any further than co-habitation. So, how would you feel about dating a guy who still wanted an exclusive, monogamous relationship, but who refused point-blank to even entertain the notion of ever getting married to you, at any stage in your relationship, no matter what happened? Who stated that he'd never propose to you, and that even if you proposed to him, his answer would always be a resounding 'no'?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, no but that’s just because our goals don’t align. There are many women that choose not to get married so it would be a matter of being upfront in the beginning to ensure compatibility.
    However, there is no difference to marriage and defacto relationships when it comes to division of assets following a separation in many countries so the logic seems kind of flawed having marriage as the flaw when your issue seems to be with women as a whole

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• omg the woman in your family suck!!! I totally get why you feel that way, but I want a family, and a guy that I'm like toooootaly in love with, so no I think I wouldn't date you, because even if you want children, I could never raise kids with someone who didn't trust me

0|0
    0|0
  • No, why would I waste time dating someone who I KNOW does not want to get married one day & I do. If we're not on the same page as that. What's the point eh?

0|0
    0|0
  • I would not. I have intentions of settling down, getting a job, having kids, and that really doesn't fit with my life goals. You could maybe find a woman that feels the same way as you, but you have to be upfront about your intentions from the start. If you wait years to tell her, and she doesn't feel the same way, that's just a really shitty thing to do to someone. You can probably find a girl, but make sure she knows your feelings before getting serious.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, all the guys in my family are shit, but I choose to date anyways, but I choose wisely. I'm not judging all men based off what I have experienced, because I know there's better out there.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would cause im in ur same page I want to date also and have a boyfriend but I dont want to form a family or marry either.

0|0
    0|0
  • If a girl has the same opinions and is heading where you want to head then she'll definitely date you. Otherwise she won't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. But not a guy with a mindset like yours

1|0
    0|0
    • Course not. Because you'd want someone naive and gullible who you could freely manipulate and use.

• Show All
    • Wow, edgy. I have no interest in talking to an angry incel or mgtow. Bye bye

• Likewise, I have no interest in talking to an angry rabid feminist. Have fun with your cats

• I would

0|0
    0|0
  • Not all women want to get married

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes