Girls, would you date a guy who refused to ever get married?

I still want to date, I still want to have a girlfriend, but I never, ever want to get married. Not in this day and age, not in the west. It's nothing but slavery for a man, plain and simple; there's absolutely nothing to be gained from it, and everything to lose. And I can never trust any woman enough to marry her, or get engaged to her. Not now, any more. My sister destroyed her husband's life, and took away his kids; my brother committed suicide a few months ago after being utterly destroyed by his wife, who stole his daughter away and repeatedly abused him; my cousins' careers have been derailed by false rape claims; my grandfather's in prison for the rest of what remains of his life, after having been convicted of an alleged sexual assault which he was supposed to have committed more than 30 years ago, at a time when he had documented proof that he wasn't even in the country, with nothing to substantiate the woman's claim.

Since I was a kid, I've always wanted to get married and live happily ever after, have babies and raise a family with a beautiful wife. But now? No. I've seen too much. Even just the thought of dating a girl, any girl, sets me on edge; no matter how sweet and cute and innocent and honest she might come across as being, no matter how much I might love her, and regardless of whether she has my babies or not, I've resolved that I'm NEVER going any further than co-habitation. So, how would you feel about dating a guy who still wanted an exclusive, monogamous relationship, but who refused point-blank to even entertain the notion of ever getting married to you, at any stage in your relationship, no matter what happened? Who stated that he'd never propose to you, and that even if you proposed to him, his answer would always be a resounding 'no'?

10

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, no but that’s just because our goals don’t align. There are many women that choose not to get married so it would be a matter of being upfront in the beginning to ensure compatibility.
    However, there is no difference to marriage and defacto relationships when it comes to division of assets following a separation in many countries so the logic seems kind of flawed having marriage as the flaw when your issue seems to be with women as a whole