Is an online dating a success for you?

If YES, where did you two meet? How long are you together?

Well, I'm just really curious since most of the dating sites and apps I've been with, for study purposes, most of the men are more into fun and hookups only. I guess, there are no genuine people in online world. Just comment your thoughts.
  • Tinder
  • Badoo
  • Mingle2
    Vote C
  • Other dating app. Comment below.
    Vote D
  • Yes, I've met a special someone but we broke up.
    Vote E
  • No, I only met guys/girls who want hookups.
    Vote F
  • I am not into online dating.
    Vote G

319

Most Helpful Guys

• Wait what? You said for study purposes and then in the next line. Made a vary biased and skewed statement. Do you want genuine responses or not?

I've met many partners on online dating apps, some were long distance too. Almost all of them were positive connections. Not all of us still talk but we enjoyed the weeks/months/years each of us had together. So yes, it's been a success

• We tried the dating apps for a study based on how men will treat women online. Well, honestly speaking most of the men will message if I want to have fun or some sort. It's not really being biased since that's what I personally experienced, sadly. But glad to know it was a success for you. Of course, it's not a totally. I'm not the only one who's into that study, I also have my colleagues who are collaborating the responses for the result. I know there are people who dated online that made it, but it's really a rare case for me.

• My point was more. What about situations where both partners want casual or temporary connections? I'm saying it's biased because it's implying that casual connections are a negative or only one sided and it can be positive and mutual.
      My connections with people were mostly casual in a sense I've only dated a few but shared nights with many.

It's a success for me and many other my partners, past and current.

Don't get me wrong, I understand where part of that sentimate comes from. My friend showed me her tinder with literal hundrads of messages saying "hey" or "sup". So it is annoying on that note, but it is the woman s choice to respond to a boring icebreaker like that. If it's unsolicited dick pics I encourage posting them on their social media or sending their family/partners the pic. Lol I understand how it can be bad.
      But it can also be good

• I haven't had much luck with it, but I know at least 5 married couples who met online.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think meeting people in real life is easier - they live close to you - are interested in your personality and not your looks - and you know how he lives and he knows how you live.

• Kidding yourself if you think someone is not going to care about your looks just because you meet them in real life. Most guys favor looks above all else when it comes to initial interactions regardless of whether it's online or in person.

• I dont think Im shallow for liking someone with a little style...
      Personality is what makes me want to stay around for more. Its also what makes a date good. But I always need some level of physical attraction.