Is an online dating a success for you?

If YES, where did you two meet? How long are you together?

Well, I'm just really curious since most of the dating sites and apps I've been with, for study purposes, most of the men are more into fun and hookups only. I guess, there are no genuine people in online world. Just comment your thoughts.
  • Tinder
    Vote A
  • Badoo
    Vote B
  • Mingle2
    Vote C
  • Other dating app. Comment below.
    Vote D
  • Yes, I've met a special someone but we broke up.
    Vote E
  • No, I only met guys/girls who want hookups.
    Vote F
  • I am not into online dating.
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Wait what? You said for study purposes and then in the next line. Made a vary biased and skewed statement. Do you want genuine responses or not?

I've met many partners on online dating apps, some were long distance too. Almost all of them were positive connections. Not all of us still talk but we enjoyed the weeks/months/years each of us had together. So yes, it's been a success

2|0
    0|0
    • We tried the dating apps for a study based on how men will treat women online. Well, honestly speaking most of the men will message if I want to have fun or some sort. It's not really being biased since that's what I personally experienced, sadly. But glad to know it was a success for you. Of course, it's not a totally. I'm not the only one who's into that study, I also have my colleagues who are collaborating the responses for the result. I know there are people who dated online that made it, but it's really a rare case for me.

• My point was more. What about situations where both partners want casual or temporary connections? I'm saying it's biased because it's implying that casual connections are a negative or only one sided and it can be positive and mutual.
      My connections with people were mostly casual in a sense I've only dated a few but shared nights with many.

It's a success for me and many other my partners, past and current.

Don't get me wrong, I understand where part of that sentimate comes from. My friend showed me her tinder with literal hundrads of messages saying "hey" or "sup". So it is annoying on that note, but it is the woman s choice to respond to a boring icebreaker like that. If it's unsolicited dick pics I encourage posting them on their social media or sending their family/partners the pic. Lol I understand how it can be bad.
      But it can also be good

• I haven't had much luck with it, but I know at least 5 married couples who met online.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think meeting people in real life is easier - they live close to you - are interested in your personality and not your looks - and you know how he lives and he knows how you live.

1|0
    0|2
    • Kidding yourself if you think someone is not going to care about your looks just because you meet them in real life. Most guys favor looks above all else when it comes to initial interactions regardless of whether it's online or in person.

• I dont think Im shallow for liking someone with a little style...
      Personality is what makes me want to stay around for more. Its also what makes a date good. But I always need some level of physical attraction.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Online dating is horrible. Women lie as much as men do. And just because you match up on paper, doesn't mean you will match up in real life. Also, too many women look at one or two things and say "well I don't like that so forget him". You can't decide if you match up with someone based on one or two things. You can't always know if you match up based on just one meeting either. But you can get a feel for some, and you can rule out others.

1|0
    0|0
  • Online dating coming from dating web sites, or apps doesn't work as good as finding someone in a regular chat room, and actually clicking with them at all level, after expecting it was going to be one bored day more on the internet. That's 1 in a million.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've had some fun times with girls, but I haven't met anyone I'd live forever with.

But thats just me. I know a few people who have met the love of their life on tinder. Including my old art teacher who has just moved in with the guy she matched with

1|0
    0|0
    • Im not just talking about sex by the way. I've made friends with some of the girls after hooking up with them since we got on so well

• honestly I never used any of these apps and I didn't even try to use them to meet my girlfriend, I like to keep things simple and to coincidence, all what I hear about such apps is only in order to hookup, so no I am not into online dating

1|0
    0|0
  • A few years back I had luck with OkCupid when it first started. The people on there were all genuinely looking for relationships. I met two girlfriends on there and even though neither turned into anything permanent they were both good experiences. However it seems like now the site is flooded with people and not everyone wants a relationship. I’ve actually decided to stay clear of dating websites and try and meet someone organically. Don’t know if it will be any better but figure I’ll try it out for a while.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I'm looking for a relationship. The furthest I've ever gotten with online dating, unfortunately twice in fact, was a first date with someone on OkCupid followed by the dreaded friendzone.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you buy a basket of berries at the grocery store, don't you look for the reddest strawberries without any mold? I think online dating and single people in general tend to be sorta "over picked" if that makes sense. If a yummy basket of strawberries is placed among the moldy others, they aren't going to sit on the shelf long. I think this tends to happen with dating. Those really desirable people get taken.

Guys tend to be totally okay with just sleeping with almost any girl though. That doesn't mean they want to be committed to that girl. They may be looking for that fresh, more desirable basket of berries.

1|0
    0|0
    • Is the mold an STD?

• @CottenBrick

No I was trying to describe desirability.

Another way to look at what I was saying is if you look at unemployment rates. There has to be at minimum a 4-5% unemployment rate. People that stay unemployed are generally picked over just like with what happens to many singles. The person with the PhD in physics is never without jobs options. And to be on the extreme end of dating, people like Brad Pitt or whatever are never single by choice.

• Honestly just talk to people you see is the best. Be friendly confident and genuine.

1|0
    0|0
  • Personally for me, online dating sucks because it just seems weird. I pefer the traditional way of meeting women.

1|0
    0|0
  • Mostly no I met my ex of 6 months but it's just a big waste of time seems like noone is serious on them

1|0
    0|0
  • I have no girlfriend in online date... I think all application is fake

1|0
    0|0
  • Not found anyone yet.. its been 6-8 months on Tinder.. don't know what is missing 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • No never succeeded to find a partner from dating apps , I haven't even got a single match on tinder

0|0
    0|0
  • fb is ftw

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah full of ugly creeps

1|0
    0|1
  • Never did it before

0|0
    0|0
  • I get laid a lot on POF

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not into

1|0
    0|0
  • I tried tinder and bumble. Tinder I met people never hooked up and went on a few dates nothing serious. Mainly made friends from it. Bumble i rarely get matches and when i do no girls talk and if we do its rare and does not last long.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes