When should I schedule the second date?

I've met this French guy on a dating app and the first date is very good. He is sweet and a bit shy, we keep talking mostly non-stop. I can tell he is into me, for example, he gazes me a lot and constantly smiles, I can see the smile and spark in his eyes. And also there is a fun thing, there is one couple sits next to us, and clearly, they know we are dating and listened to our conversation. He and I both went to the suddenly the toilet at the different time, when he is not there, the guy calls me and tells me he is very respectful even he can tell my date really likes me, and I shouldn't let go. And later when they left, my date tells me that the guy calls me a sugarpie when I went to the toilet (I think the guy tells him something more but he doesn't say). Anyway, we talked till 1 am and I had to catch the last bus so we went home.
After he got home he sent me checking text and told me he'd love to see me again. We met on Thur, today is Mon, it has been 3 days, he texts me every day all the time about the things he did and all his schedule, and asked me 3 times when I will be available to meet him again. I haven't given him a clear answer yet.
I do like him too, and I know he likes me. But the first time we didn't get physical at all, maybe cuz he is shy. So I'm struggling about the timing, when should I see him? Should I be more active and get physical?

10