Is it Weird I'm 18, but I like guys in their 20's/30's?

I'm a senior in high school, but I prefer men in their 20's/30's. Preferably 30's. There is something attractive about an older man, and they are mature, responsible, and still look good. I also like big husky guys with some belly. I just can't get into guys in my age range. They are all idiots.

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• Same here girl
    It might not be usual, but yes it's okay, not weird
    Now, it might have a deeper reason , like in my case it's because i have daddy issues, which leads to finding older guys more attractive, since I've never had a male figure to look up to
    But it might also just be the fact that you're a very mature person and you need someone who can intellectually stimulate you and 2-3 years older is not enough because guys mature after girls so they need to be at least 7-8 years older
    Age is just a number, don't feel weird about your preferences

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think that's unheard of, at all.

Just based on this site, alone, I would actually say it's fairly common, and there's nothing wrong with that. You can't help who you like, so you may as well embrace it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I know a 20 year old who told me she wanted to date a 50 year old guy. You need to think not just about the next 5-10 years but about the next 30 - 60 years of your life - would you want a husband that is 80 when you are in your 60s?

0|0
    0|0
  • There is nothing unusual about younger girls being attracted to more mature guys, but the age range is usually 3-4 years older, not 12-20 years older. Do you want a guy who can take care of you?

0|0
    0|0
  • Normal.

0|1
    0|0
  • That's pretty common. But if you decide to date an older man, make sure he's appropriately mature for his age. It's easy for a 30-year-old man to be more mature than an 18-year-old, but you do not want to get involved with a 30-year-old man who has the maturity of a 23-year-old.

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't think its weird, most guys my age are way too immature/obnoxious

0|3
    0|0
    • Yes! They are all idiots.

• if you are actually above 18, then pick a guy around age of 30 you are interested in , shag him,, he will love it..
    and you will love it too..
    this is totally weird and bizarre but it is totally legal..

if you say you are 18 and want to do them, single men in 30 will hardly ever say no

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m a senior I hs to, I totally understand why you would think every guy our age is an idiot, I feel the same way about girls in school, I think there are so many people our age that are more mature but I’m separated from then because I’m still stuck in fucking rich people vile with all the brats I grew up around

0|1
    0|0
  • No not particularly it seems a lot of younger women like men my age ;-). Seriously though men mature slower than women so you got about matter Note 3 to 6 years before you get a guy that you're wanting.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, you mght just like mature guys. I get along most with people older than me, IDKY but i just do... so nothing weird about it.

0|1
    0|0
  • As long as you're legal, it's nothing wrong with it but I don't know. Its kind of weird to see someone so young with someone so old. And I don't know if you'll be able to hold a man down of that age at 18.

0|0
    0|0
  • I felt exactly the same when I was 18. I never really was attracted to the guys at school, unless they were a little more mature. You probably have a more serious and mature personality, like me, so it's only normal for you to like more mature guys. At your age guys aren't very mature yet, they will get there when they're in their 20s and 30s, so it's only normal to be attracted to guys of that age. I was. And now at 24 I still am (I mean that I'm not attracted to people in their 40s or 50s now). Don't worry, you'll be fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty normal i think but the thing is would you have much in common with an opponent older man i think it would be difficult to have much more than a sexual fling

0|0
    0|0
  • I was the exact same way when I was younger. As I've gotten older though, the age range for guys I like hasn't changed. I'm just a lot closer to it myself!

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s not that weird. My friend’s 19 year old sister dated a 30 year old guy

0|1
    0|0
  • Valuing mental connection isn't weird at all. Just be careful because some older guys only value younger ladies for their bodies.

1|0
    0|0
  • It is not weird at all. I have dated many 18 to early 20's. Even my current girlfriend and I started dating only two months after she turned 20.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are many young women that find older men attractive. There's a woman I know, who is 24, that finds me attractive and I'm 48.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really, I see it as the opposite of pedophiles. It's just more acceptable for women to do that I guess

0|0
    0|0
  • Welcome to the Sigmund Freud's theories of attraction.

0|0
    1|0
  • Nope, I was going for older guys when I was 16. I'm 19 but my boyfriend is 24.

0|1
    0|0
  • I certainly dont thing so.. If you are a mature and intelligent, perhaps they challange you and you welcome that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it has more to do with the fact that they have money because we all know women are all gold diggers

0|0
    0|0
    • I will confess: To an extent, I'm a gold-digger. But I also work. Most women are closet money grubbers, whether they admit it, or not.

• Thanks for telling me something i already knew

• There are a lot of other things that are weird in this world just do what you gotta do if you feel this is what you want then do it

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really I like women from about 18 to sometimes 50. Even some women up to 60 look very attractive to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is it weird? No. Yet after reading the sub lines... heh... i don't think there is much of a difference to be honest.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's actually pretty normal.

Young adult women are attracted to older men and vice versa.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. In fact, I think that seems to be typical. Even when I was in high school, girls liked older guys like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it's not weird to date older guys as long as your age 18.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its a little weird, but not in a negative way. You do you..

0|0
    0|0
  • how dare you! I'll have you know my mom tells me I am very mature for my age and am smart.

0|0
    0|0
  • No because it's natural that women want men as mature as them and women mature faster than men

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Older guys are usually more mature and financially sound. Plus, more interesting.

0|0
    0|0
  • No but literally every girl in my school likes way older men that makes my sad :c

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all men in there 30 r moer likely to care for u and about as well as provide for u

0|0
    0|0
  • It makes sense to be attracted to older guys. However I always advise caution about men who are seeking out younger woman.
    Older men have established themselves more, they know who they are... But it doesn't mean they have any less bullshit- it's just less familiar b. s.
    When I guy is seeking out younger woman... it's about him- not her. If he wants an equal- a partner and he seems out younger woman... then there's probably something stunted about him. if he just wants sex... well... then hopefully he's honest about it but that should set off some alarms too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I guess good to know guys like me are still attractive to someone

0|0
    0|0
  • no not to me at least iam 38 and want a 18-30 year old

0|0
    0|0
  • It's very common.

0|0
    1|0
    • I mean, just look at the teen guys on this website. Idiots.

• Yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • 30? Why?

0|0
    0|0
    • Because young guys are immature idiots for the most part. Even guys your age still act like they're 14 years old.

• Show All
    • Sure girl. What men do you work with at 18?

• I work as a waitress, and most male managers, and some of the cooks are in their 30's.

• Normal for girls because girls like men with money

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope all girls like at least one older dude

0|2
    0|0
  • 20s no
    30s yes

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not weird

0|0