My girlfriend wants me to vote honestly while she's in a beauty pageant?

My girlfriend is entering a beauty pageant, she told me to vote who I honestly think should win, not just for her because she's my girlfriend. She says she can handle it if I vote for someone else, she wants to win fairly. Should I vote honestly?

34

Most Helpful Girl

• That's a trap.
    If you "vote honestly" and it's for another girl, you're hurting her because she hoped, deep down, that you think she's the most beautiful woman ever. While this is probably not true for 98.9% of men in relationships because you all either settle or fall for a homelier girl than you'd like because all the hot girls you've known are bitchy and unapproachable, it's still what women would like to believe about their boyfriends.
    If you truly think she's the most beautiful one there, go ahead and vote for her, but if not, then I would take the safe route and not involve yourself at all; just don't vote.

• why do you have the misconception that "all the hot girls men know are bitchy and unapproachable?" Maybe we have good reason to be, due to comments like these.

• what exactly was the point?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know how this pageant is structured, but it seems to me that you shouldn't be a judge if you have a girlfriend or family member, etc. in the competition. It's not fair to the other contestants for there to be judges who would have a conflict of interest. So I would recuse yourself from judging any pageant in which your girlfriend is a contestant.