Is it true a man never forgets his first love?

There’s a guy I really like but I heard from someone who knew both of him n his ex.. she was his first love and she broke his heart. He seems to be spiteful against girls you know how it goes with a man one breaks his heart he’ll hate and suspect all of them. Anyway.

If by any chance we get together, I’m afraid even when he is with me he’ll be thinking of her, her laugh, eyes, smile, jokes, voice etc... I don’t want to come second having to compete with someone he has no relations with anymore!!! What do u think? Is it true or am I over analyzing this

750

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course he won't forget her. You don't forget anyone in your life who was important to you. Heck you even remember a lot of people you barely even knew.

I still remember my "girlfriend" from kindergarten. I remember the girls in 2nd-3rd grade that I used to chase around during recess to kiss. I remember the first girl that I told her I liked her (5th grade). I remember the first girl who asked me to hold hands and skate. You get the picture. You just don't forget stuff like that.

People have a past. That's who they are. You can't expect people to simply forget about someone from the past. He's with you now, by choice. That's what matters.

• Kindergarten? 2nd-3rd grade? kiss? Interesting

• @LongWhiteBeard

That's why I put "girlfriend" in quotes. There was a part of me who thought of her that way. But she was just a girl I kinda liked, and we'd sit and talk about personal stuff sometimes. That would have been 1961. I still remember her name and a little of what she looked like.

As for kissing girls in the 2nd and 3rd grade. That was before all the politically correct nonsense. It was somewhat common to chase girls and kiss them during recess at school. It was all playful and completely innocent. Nobody thought anything of it. The teachers all knew about it and didn't care. Nor is there any reason to care.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everybody remembers their first love but that hasn’t stopped billions and billions of people from having happy second love relationships. Stop over analyzing this.