Is it true a man never forgets his first love?

There’s a guy I really like but I heard from someone who knew both of him n his ex.. she was his first love and she broke his heart. He seems to be spiteful against girls you know how it goes with a man one breaks his heart he’ll hate and suspect all of them. Anyway.

If by any chance we get together, I’m afraid even when he is with me he’ll be thinking of her, her laugh, eyes, smile, jokes, voice etc... I don’t want to come second having to compete with someone he has no relations with anymore!!! What do u think? Is it true or am I over analyzing this

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course he won't forget her. You don't forget anyone in your life who was important to you. Heck you even remember a lot of people you barely even knew.

I still remember my "girlfriend" from kindergarten. I remember the girls in 2nd-3rd grade that I used to chase around during recess to kiss. I remember the first girl that I told her I liked her (5th grade). I remember the first girl who asked me to hold hands and skate. You get the picture. You just don't forget stuff like that.

People have a past. That's who they are. You can't expect people to simply forget about someone from the past. He's with you now, by choice. That's what matters.

0|1
    0|0
    • Kindergarten? 2nd-3rd grade? kiss? Interesting

• @LongWhiteBeard

That's why I put "girlfriend" in quotes. There was a part of me who thought of her that way. But she was just a girl I kinda liked, and we'd sit and talk about personal stuff sometimes. That would have been 1961. I still remember her name and a little of what she looked like.

As for kissing girls in the 2nd and 3rd grade. That was before all the politically correct nonsense. It was somewhat common to chase girls and kiss them during recess at school. It was all playful and completely innocent. Nobody thought anything of it. The teachers all knew about it and didn't care. Nor is there any reason to care.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everybody remembers their first love but that hasn’t stopped billions and billions of people from having happy second love relationships. Stop over analyzing this.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• "you know how it goes with a man one breaks his heart he’ll hate and suspect all of them"

It doesn't go that way for every man. Lots of men just chalk it up to experience and don't assume that every woman will behave the same way. Most people assume that others think as they do. People are unable to trust others are themselves untrustworthy.

0|0
    0|0
  • What's wrong with remembering a first relationship? They are usually the worst, and are a source of learning for aguy or a gal.

I remember my first girl friend, and I can never forget her, but that doesn't mean that I would ever want to get back with her. Maybe if she was the last woman on Earth, and that's still not an absolute for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • A guy never forgets his first love, if it's really love. But most guys lose their first love, and go on. In my case, I was heartbroken when we broke up. But a couple of years later, I had a much better relationship with another girl. The first love is sweet, but is not necessarily the love that a guy wants now.

0|0
    0|0
    • How can you differentiate a “sweet” relationship from a “normal” one?

• @Randomlips : Often, the first "love" is comparatively innocent, and new. Each person is trying to feel their way in what to do, and how to act. It's often gentle and touching. However, nothing stays new forever, and as you get used to how to act in a relationship, it you tend to loose the feeling of innocence and complete newness. Re. what is a sweet relationship? That is when each is actually loving can caring, not looking to control, etc. Where there is kindness, concern, wanting the best for the other in the relationship.

• No in your case it's exactly the opposite. What you say in your title is true. We usually don't forget our first love but when our hearts are broken we wish to forget. So if you show him that you are different and that you truly care about him he will forget the suffering from his previous relationship. That's exactly what he wants anyway. Just be better than his ex in matters of behavior and you will win the game..! :P

1|0
    0|0
  • Well he will always compare you to her if he has her in a special place which makes her features and her mannerisms what he knows he's familiar with it he knows them which means whenever he sees someone else he will compare them that doesn't necessarily mean that if yours isn't the same it's a negative thing it's just a compare and contrast what are the differences but doesn't mean that the differences are always negative if they don't match up he is just getting a feel for the differences.

0|0
    0|0
  • Many of us have fond memories of our first love, but we have moved on and do not dwell on them or compare new loves to old ones. And when we find our true for ever love, we are glad we moved on and found someone as great as this for ever love is.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hmmmmm... I don't remember my first, second, third or fourth loves...

I'm struggling to recall lovers further back then 10 years ago... I recall some names but I can't picture their faces or remember much about them... And many of those I actually lived with for more than a year...

0|0
    0|0
  • I dated a girl from the time I was 9 tell I was 16 she was my first of everything but the big thing and there is not a time that I will ever not think about her I do at least once a day sometimes more ever in a relationship I still think about her and how my experience with her can help me in my current situations

0|0
    0|0
    • How did it end and by whom n why?

• Well at the time I didn't want to have sex but she did I found out she had been talking to another man never did anything but talk about the possibility of them to meeting up I decided to brake it off and stay friends since we never had sex it wouldn't be all that hard to remain friends and I'm still friends but I never talk to her but I wish no Ill will upon her now I'm 22 and and no longer have my virginity and have been cheated on multiple times I guess I should have stayed with her and just gave her what she wanted maybe things would be different she has been through two divorces and has two kids

• If you live in a one guy town you're in trouble. If you let it get worse it will. I'd pick a different guy. You don't understand now lr have the ability to change his mind. You would have already. Find another guy to date that doesn't have mom issues.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think anyone forgets their first heartbreak. I don't think a broken heart ruins a person however. I learned so much from my own heartbreak... I am a much better person for it.
    If this guy doesn't want to learn and grow... and he's stunted... then he has to fix that. But He can. He can be a better person for the pain.

0|0
    0|0
  • From personal experience and from people i know, yes, this is true. First loving someone is a very strong emotion. So that love never truly leaves. However, that doesn't mean they can't love someone more, or masque that love. Don't give up on this dude, he could love you more than he ever loved her

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, in my personal opinion we do remember our first love. It's usually a cherised memory. But I would never go into a new relationship while thinking of my past lover, because the reason I would be in a new relationship is because I have fallen for a different person. So I would say that you might be over analyzing it

0|0
    0|0
  • It's true... but... In my opinion "you can't forget your first love" doesn't mean I can't have girls anymore in my life... but means I'll have thousands of other girls but I'll remember that time forever only because it was a piece of my heart and life. So u can truly try!

0|0
    0|0
  • me and my first crush at 11 are still in contact. We dated several times. Always break up. Always see each other a few years later and bam!

0|0
    0|0
  • You should be yourself and show him that's you can be better for him than his ex.

Don't think too much about his ex and him thinking of her. You two should make great memories that heals his broken heart.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but guys never forget ANY of them... don’t worry, this fixation will fade
    the closer you become..

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's true that no one forgets their first love. We move on with our lives but don't forget them.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is true he never forgets, but thats it. Its memories. He may remember it, but it doesn't mean he misses it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends how long ago they broke up. I remember my first love but my current love is far far better. I certainly don't think of her when I'm with my girlfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I remember the first girl I knew in kindergarten, and that was almost a half century ago. what you really mean is does he always love her?, and generally no that fades.

0|1
    0|0
  • i don't know. im currently experiencing my first love. and i hope he is my true love.

i love him so much

0|1
    0|0
  • Well for me specifically yes, had 6 years of pain over some girl from 2nd till 8th grade and some times i still think about her even tho she was pretty mean to me (im 21 now)

0|0
    0|0
  • False. I don't even remember my first girlfriend's last name.

1|1
    1|0
  • Nope. I've forgoten my first love. She was a gold digger, selfish, manipulating piece of bullshit

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think anyone forget their first love. I think he won't forget his deepest love either. But it doesn't mean he can't love others.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, i remember the most of my first relationship, and i still miss my first girlfriend, now she is 18

0|0
    0|0
  • Ya... I will never forget first girl I loved... love or crush u can say anything... but its hard to forget her😌

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's true but that doesn't necessarily mean that a guy never loves anyone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • I forgot. So I'm not a true man. Maybe I'm a lesbian tranny from Jupiter.

0|0
    0|0
  • I won't forget my first, but that doesn't mean I won't love someone else

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes its true i thank about my first love a lot but u just have to move on some times

0|0
    0|0
  • To an extent.

Personally, I wish I could forget mine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes very true her eyes her smiles... I am still searching for a girl like her I think after 10years

0|0
    0|0
  • I forgotten nearly every woman I've ever been with that's a pretty long damn list

0|0
    0|0
  • If you do love him by all the depth of ur heart, u should try!

0|0
    0|0
  • Most guys font dwell on first loves and those that do do so only briefly

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't forget any "love" you had xD

0|2
    0|0
  • I know that I never will.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep true. Good ol' what's-her-name...