He's a hunter, and I am an animal activist?

My boyfriend is a major fisherman and hunter, he was raised in the country and lives life simple. He's a farmer, and full time worker. He works hard, and I am so glad to call him my boyfriend. But there's a thing, I am considering going veg (an) egetarian. I just HATE how animals are being treated in factory farming where 98% of food in all grocery stores come from. He told me that it would be awesome if I did do it, and was SUPER supportive. But online I see him on animal rights posts saying"mmm meat" and such. But like he was genuine about his response. He was super nice about it, and understanding. I don't ever tell people what to eat, but when they ask me why I don't I tell them. My friends didn't know I was vegan till like 4 months in. (I was vegan before, then went back to eating meat) but wanna go back again. Will this relationship work?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Why wouldn’t it work? Accept your differences. He likes meat and hunting, you like veganism and animals. That doesn’t make him or you a bad partner to be with, even if you agree with one anothers lifestyles or opinions. He is very nice to you about going vegan or vegetarian, so he respects and won’t ridicule for your beliefs. You don’t go around lecturing people about what people shouldn’t eat, that’s great and respectful. You both sound like you accept each others choices, and even besides this issue really like each other. Hope you and your boyfriend will have a happy relationship for a long time!

• Thank you girl!! :) He's a good fucking man, I would suggest finding a country man cause they treat you right! lol. But thank you again <3

Most Helpful Guy

• Why wouldn't it work? You don't have to share every single view for a relationship to be successful. Unless this is something you absolutely cannot get past or be okay with, then there shouldn't be a problem

• Very true, you're right!