Have you rejected someone? Why?

• YES
  • No

3842

Most Helpful Guy

• Mostly for the usual reasons: not attracted physically or intellectually. The physical thing happened a lot because I did a lot of online dating and people weren't always honest about their appearance. I stopped seeing one woman after three dates when she invited me to her place and it was a mess. That's when I realized she had spent her life and every dollar she ever earned in bars.

I dropped a brilliant and stunningly beautiful woman because it was clear that nothing I did would ever meet her standards. She couldn't even meet her own standards. After six weeks I was completely exhausted.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being on a date with them was unbearable, because they didn't speak at all and the whole situation was so awkward. I'm a shy person myself, but to ask someone out and then just sit there... I basically just talked with myself for an hour. But the worst thing was that they thought the date went well. I had to tell them I wasn't interested in having a second date.

• Any idea what could have happened for them to be unable to start and/or hold up a conversation? I thought the point of being on a date was to better understand the person you are with and build up connections that way! Just sitting there in silence awkwardly feels like you're dating a brick wall!

• I don't know. I guess they were just so nervous they completely froze. I maybe could have given them another chance to loosen up, but they blew me off the first time and failed to tell me they're not coming, so it was already kind of a second chance.

• If they weren't invested in trying to make up for the first date, that's a good reason to believe they wouldn't try harder in the next one. I feel bad this happened to you and hope it doesn't come around a second time!