What exactly does it mean when a girl is described as "quirky"?

How is "quirky" defined in opposition to "mainstream"?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Those are mutually exclusive traits. Mainstream is a fashion and style thing, while quirky is more behavioral. When I think of a quirky girl, I think of someone who is unabashed about her little personality ticks and hobbies, and contradictions and such. Quirky can be a very entertaining and charming thing. Imagine a girl who loves to knit, while she listens to death metal.

Someone could have a quirky sense of fashion though. That would the kind of girl who goes to yard sales and stuff to buy eclectic clothing and then mashes it all together.

A quirky fashion sense would be a bad thing, for me at least.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• That’s funny I’ve used the same term to describe my last girlfriend. When I used it I just meant she was not typical, that she was different but in a good way. She was unexpected and did things uniquely that were intriguing. I feel in love with her quirks it’s what made her who she is.

0|1
    0|0
  • Quirky is relative to what's typical of most people. Often times in adventure movies or romantic comedies, the main protagonist has a close friend or several who are intended to be quirky.

Think Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter. And a lot of roles played by that actress who plays New Girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • weird, not like other girls. It could be good or bad you have to listen to inflections. I think of Phoebe from friends as the quirkiest fictional character I know.

0|0
    0|0
  • She’s very unique in either her appearance, mannerisms, etc that cause her to stand out in an endearing way.

1|0
    0|0
  • the word quirky has been ruined for me by basic ass people thinking they're special and applying it to themselves, doing cringy/flat out strange shit for attention.

0|0
    0|0
  • I see quirky as interesting. These days most of the girls you see out and about are just clones. Whatever makes you stand out or "quirky" embrace it, mainstream is overrated and boring

0|0
    0|0
  • When she is an oddball, not like most girls, with weird interests.

0|0
    1|0
  • Quirky is a nice polite way of saying someone is weird.

0|1
    1|0
  • You don't follow a crowd and you often do things that would be considered odd.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm quirky but it's normally said to me as a nice way of saying I'm crazy or weird

0|0
    0|0
  • She is odd, like things that aren't normal but not creepy or has uncommon habbits or behavioral tendicys.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me it's that she has a lot of smaller weirder habits, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It can be cute.

0|0
    0|0
  • It mostly means that she has a somewhat edge in her personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Quirky means weird but in a good way.
    Like student from everyone else but your still interested

0|0
    0|0
  • Kinda nerdy or has some quirks. Like a quirky girl may be a painter. Or something like that

0|0
    0|0
  • Think pheobe from friends

0|0
    0|0
  • Weird

2|0
    1|0
  • Different

0|0
    1|0
  • It's not that easy to define it in my perspective

1|0
    0|0
  • To me it means different in a good way.

0|0
    0|0
  • She has unusual interests and mannerisms.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know what that means i think funny?

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally think it just means you're not boring

0|0
    0|0
  • Unique. Attractive. Eccentric

0|0
    0|0
  • Like nerdy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Open minded, exciting, spontaneous, (possibly sexually open minded), entheusiastic, confident, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Outgoing/different?

0|0
    0|0
  • quirk·y
    ˈkwərkē/
    adjective: quirky; comparative adjective: quirkier; superlative adjective: quirkiest

characterized by peculiar or unexpected traits.
    So essentially a girl that is not your usual girl, the kind I like.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes