Should I confirm our plans?

So yesterday at a church thing this guy i knew in high school got my number and we agreed that we needed to catch up some time. So he starts texting me and told me we were going to hangout out today and to "mark my calendar" he even picked the time of 7:30 and said we would go get icecream and catch up.

However we didn't establish where, if we're meeting up or if he's picking me up, and we haven't mentioned it to confirm or anything yet.

Is it weird or does it come of as clingy or like im shipping things if i text to confirm plans? I dont know why but for some reason it just feels that way.

01