Age difference?

Been talking to this guy online and we seem to get along. We’re trying to set up a date. I just turned 20 in February and he’s 23. It’s not a big age gap but I feel like I’m still new to the whole adulting thing and he’s got a head start. Still live with my parents but I’m in college. He seems to have it together and I’m intimidated by him. He’s had a lot more life experiences than me. He doesn’t know it but I don’t drink, haven’t got my license, and I’m a virgin. So you can kinda get why I’m intimidated; Is this ok? To feel this way.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• That’s not much of a difference but I see why you would feel intimidated. I find that being although I’m 20, I still love with my parents, as opposed to friends of mine who are down school and live on their own and I feel like a kid. But there’s no reason for you to feel that way. Everyone is at different stages of life no matter what age you are

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah you’re right though that is how I’m feeling compared to him. What if he’s expecting certain things from me? I feel like I don’t have a lot to offer.

• If he isn’t satisfied with just you then he’s not worth your time

Most Helpful Guy

• My girlfriend is 30

0|0
    0|0
    • That’s not helpful. I’m talking about my situation not yours.

• Show All
    • But three years isn’t that more wise

• It’s ok to feel that way but don’t let it stop you from pursuing a relationship

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Guys take a lot longer to mature so women tend to prefer a guy a little older. If he is a genuine guy he will enjoy teaching you new things and won't pressure you into loosing your v etc. If It all gets too much you can always tell him :)

0|0
    0|0
    • "Guys take a lot longer to mature so women tend to prefer a guy a little older."
      Clearly not in this case, did you even read it?

• I don't think 3 years is bad

0|0
    0|0
  • You're intimidated. Not a reason to not pursue it

0|0
    0|0
    • What if he expects certain things from me?

• What if he turns out caring? You won't know until you venture out

Recommended myTakes