What does this mean?

I am friends with this guy for almost 5 years, we actually started talking because he saw me in college though I was cute and "staked" me online so we could start talking, I also had a crush on him when I first saw him, the thing is, his best friend also did and because of that guy number 1, lets call him Mike never tried anything with me. We just kinda became friends because of it, but I never liked his friend, he liked me and I liked him but I didn't want to ruin the friendship and neither did he so we just kept things friendly.

For the last 5 years me and him e ever dated anyone, we spent a lot of time together, but this last year we got extremely close, so much I actually helped him get a dog (that he sends pictures of almost every day). We talk about everything, literally, and he always came complain to me about how he will die alone and that no one loves him and he doesn't deserve love and I made him company every time he was depressed, he even told me I was the only girl that was nice and shit. One day he had a very bad break down and like always, I was there for him, I never saw him like that.. Less then a week later he met this one girl and they started dating on the same day, I thought it was odd but I was happy that he was happy.

The thing is, I think he is only on it because she gave him attention when he was down and she is in it because he is hot (for real, even his male friends say that), nothing wrong with that, the problem is, they are dating for a little over a week but he keeps talking to me for emotional support, I think it's odd since he has a girlfriend now, he should talk to her about that kind of stuff, not me.. Someone even told me he is using as the emocional part of the relationship meanwhile he is "using" her for sex...

I am avoiding talking to him for a while, I told him I was having personal problems and needed some time for myself so I will not be replying his messeges and stuff but he keeps sending it to me.. What can I do?

10