Is It Normal For Her To Text Me Each Day?

I met a girl on an online dating site. Right away we seemed to click online and had some good messages we sent to each other. I went on a whim and asked her out on the second day of talking to each other. She happily accepted.

I gave her my number and told her to feel free to text me whenever. We haven't had our first date (it is in a few days, but she is texting each day, to say hello. Nothing annoying at all. She justs asks how my day has been going, what I have been up to, etc. She always initiates. I don't mind talking to her, and really enjoy texting so far. I'm just wondering if her texting each day to just say hello and talk for a bit before our first face to face date is a red flag?

Again, I don't mind it and like talking to her so far. Just this hasn't happened before with anyone else.

Any thoughts?

12