If guy is not interested, is it rude if he did not reply to a thank you text after first date?

I met a guy for drinks a few days ago. I thanked him the next day and have not heard anything. Ok, I get it if he’s not interested. But-could he at least send a reply? Thanks but no thanks... is that too much to ask for? In the past when guys have reached out to me, and I have not been interested, I would reply with a nice text and wish them well. Maybe I’m too nice? ☹️

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I don't think you're too nice and I don't think you should change. You're doing it the right way. He's not. I think that he certainly should have responded to you even if he wasn't interested in another date. That to me is just common courtesy. And ideally he'd give you some idea of why he wasn't interested so that if it's some behavior that turned him off you'll be able to work on improving it in the future. But it seems that a lot of people are too scared to have that conversation and prefer to just disappear and never respond.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks. Was not expecting a review of the date but a simple response. My friends read the text I sent and were floored he did not respond. Guess not everyone has manners. ☹️

Recommended myTakes