True or false: When you begin to date someone new, you are only meeting their representative and not their truth self? Personal experiences welcomed?

49

Most Helpful Guy

• This is universally true and it isn't always intentional. That is why we "date" and gradually work up to a committed relationship. It takes time and experience to see what a person is really all about. Only after we get a really good idea of the real people on a intimate level can we decide if the fit works.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think putting your best foot forward is quite the deception you think it is. It is A truth about the person, but it takes time to get to know all the truths about a person.

Not that there aren't some genuine deceivers out there, but they aren't the norm.