True or false: When you begin to date someone new, you are only meeting their representative and not their truth self? Personal experiences welcomed?

True or false: When you begin to date someone new, you are only meeting their representative and not their truth self? Personal experiences welcomed?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• This is universally true and it isn't always intentional. That is why we "date" and gradually work up to a committed relationship. It takes time and experience to see what a person is really all about. Only after we get a really good idea of the real people on a intimate level can we decide if the fit works.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think putting your best foot forward is quite the deception you think it is. It is A truth about the person, but it takes time to get to know all the truths about a person.

Not that there aren't some genuine deceivers out there, but they aren't the norm.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Id say its always true, at least to some extent. When my now girlfriend and I went on our first date, we were upfront about everything. Yet there was still bits and pieces here and there that were designed to impress or appear in a certain light

0|1
    0|0
  • sort of, its more that people are trying to make a good first impression and are on their best behaviour not necessarily being deliberately disingenuous

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe with others, the girls I like are the take it or leave it type. They don't have time to waste pretending.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah. The true self shows if both partners are comfortable around each other

0|1
    0|0
  • Usually true. Unles the person is very open and easy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Most girls doing it

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah that’s about right.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say that's true.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's moatly true.