Quite a short question made long on high school dating (apparently I need a question mark)?

First, thanks for taking a second to read this and you might wanna buckle in, it's a long one. So I am wondering how well you should know a girl before asking her out in a highschool setting, I am a 16 male and was looking for a girlfriend.

This may sound a bit sad but I don't really socialize in school, I mostly do my class work and may have some light chat but never really in depth unless its a teacher (half my school has the brain capacity of an avocado). So I didn't know if I should try to become somewhat friends first, but then I need to not set a precedent that I want to be just friends.

Anyway, if you want to say focus on school work, that's already done. The only complication would be I don't quite have my license (just about three months out), although my brother is really chill about giving rides. Anyway thanks for the read, hope the 886 characters were enjoyable.

10