Is sexual market value a viable concept and, if so, what determines it?

19

Most Helpful Guy

• Sex market value is broken down into many different categories. The porn industry itself is a 97 billion dollar industry.

Japan and the US are like the only countries that have real sex stocks (porn industry, magazine, etc..)

I won't elaborate on Sex slaves as a stock on the exchange but in the underground underworld it's a real thing. 1 million people world wide go missing every year. My ballpark guess is that human trafficking and human organ plantation industriea are a 500 billion worth.

• I think you misunderstood the question. Sexual market value isn't about literal sex work/trade. It's about the way people looking for potential relationships and sexual encounters might see value in one another, as in a market place.

• Yah that's true. Sexual value in nature and natural selection is determined by the woman. In individual interests, the woman is the buyer and the men are the seller. Back then, men had to sell themselves. They had to prove that they were strong, smart and have high survivability in the wilderness. When it comes to group/tribalism interests, the alpha males have the right of way to choose any females. It's a different time now so those standards might not apply.

• These days men and women are both buyers and sellers, trying to sell their own affections to purchase the other persons.

Most Helpful Girl