Is it a good idea to get into a relationship with my best friend?

We've been close friends for about three years and have feelings for each other for about a year and a half. Initially he had a girlfriend and it was going pretty strong so we didn't do anything about it. But I left the city and college to join another and his relationship started souring. I got a boyfriend too but recently broke up with him after eight months. He too ended his long term relationship and now we're both single.
Our friends have been trying to convince us that we've had our share of people we're not compatible with and since we have feelings for each other, we shouldn't let go again. We agree that we can't find people more perfect for ourselves.
On the other hand, we are a little skeptical as we don't want to take any decision which puts our friendship at risk. We've been through our share of bad relationships and don't want ours to turn the same way. Should we still do it?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think u both should hold each other as friends and past this time u both going through (the breakups) once u get normal or moved on then decide what u want to do.. it's ur good thinking thstvu prefer ur friendship... May be it's time u both searching rebound... good people are there and u will find them.. but at this time when u two having a recent event not in a position to try a relation together.. yes after recovery if u both agree then nothing is good like this... cz ur boyfriend is your best buddy and for a long term relationship u need a friend hold u entire life.. so take advantage of friendship of your support each other and wait for right moment..

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You probably aren't old enough. If you think you're ready to only have sex with one person for the rest of your life, and he also thinks that way (he won't say if ue isn't, he might not even know it himself), than go for it, but realize that if you break up you'll have lost your best friend as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • It can be good and bad. I suggest don't do it until your sure because if not you loose a friend to as well as a boyfriend. Is it worth to risk the friendship?

0|1
    0|0
  • Go for it. If you talk about it and both parties are worried about ruining the friendship I'm sure you can salvage it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It can be, but there is always that risk of growing apart if it doesn't work out. Unless you both are like 'aight, it don't work, let's stay friends'

0|0
    0|0
  • It can be amazing the only thing u do risk your friendship if it those turn bad and that of others if it sours and sides are taken

0|0
    0|0
  • A beat friend is always a best option to be in a relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • My honest opinion is that you should go for it, if you guys have seen each other at your worst then there's no way for the relationship to affect your friendship. Also remember your friendship depends upon how mature the two of you are and if you two weren't just waiting for the other person to come around. I know someone very close to me who ended up dating his best friend and they've been together for close to 9 years, they've had their fair shares of ups and down but always managed to sort things out.

0|0
    0|0
  • nothing ventured nothing gained

0|0
    0|0
  • no probably not

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes