Is it a good idea to get into a relationship with my best friend?

We've been close friends for about three years and have feelings for each other for about a year and a half. Initially he had a girlfriend and it was going pretty strong so we didn't do anything about it. But I left the city and college to join another and his relationship started souring. I got a boyfriend too but recently broke up with him after eight months. He too ended his long term relationship and now we're both single.
Our friends have been trying to convince us that we've had our share of people we're not compatible with and since we have feelings for each other, we shouldn't let go again. We agree that we can't find people more perfect for ourselves.
On the other hand, we are a little skeptical as we don't want to take any decision which puts our friendship at risk. We've been through our share of bad relationships and don't want ours to turn the same way. Should we still do it?

010

Most Helpful Guy

• I think u both should hold each other as friends and past this time u both going through (the breakups) once u get normal or moved on then decide what u want to do.. it's ur good thinking thstvu prefer ur friendship... May be it's time u both searching rebound... good people are there and u will find them.. but at this time when u two having a recent event not in a position to try a relation together.. yes after recovery if u both agree then nothing is good like this... cz ur boyfriend is your best buddy and for a long term relationship u need a friend hold u entire life.. so take advantage of friendship of your support each other and wait for right moment..