I asked a girl out, she said no, I asked her if we can continue being friends then, she said yes, what do I say when I talk to her next?

PLEASE DO READ THE DETAILS FIRST
So I asked a girl out, but technically I just told her how I felt, and that I just had to let it out in the open to test the waters.
She told me she was not looking for a relationship right now, to which I said that we should continue being friends and she said yes. Subconsciously however I do feel that I was hoping for a yes, because though it didn't hurt the day I asked her and she rejected me, I spent the next day crying and just in bed (to all those who say guys dont cry stop being a wuss, respectfully, f*** off)
Now I'm feeling that I should ignore her for a week or so, I should be fine by then and be able to conitnue the friendship as if nothing ever happened (done this before so i know a week is all it takes, the feelings will never go but I won't be overcome with them, and I can try and meet someone else in the meantime)
So my question is if I ghost for this time and come back a week later should I just come clean that I needed this time to get over her rejection? Or should I just make the age old excuse of "I was busy", because no one is ever that busy.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You are interested in this woman romantically.

You took your shot, she's not interested. Move on go try and find someone else romantically. You don't need girl "friends". You've got your buds for that.

Just forget about this one and move on. I mean if you see this girl daily (at work or in class) you can say hello but other than that you don't need girl "friends".

Let it go, move on and keep looking.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Just avoid her for a week like you said, try and speak to other people maybe on online cos it's quicker, just try and get all feelings out of your head. And yeah people can be that busy and if that ask doing what just none of your business cos it's not their business, you know what I mean

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Ghosting bad idea
    but
    always tell the truth, unlike her
    for she would catch a relationship if the perfect one appeared before her eyes
    you are friendzoned with this one so always make times with her fun, happy while you shop for The One that feels as strongly for you as you do her, otherwise time wasted on romance here, better served by others

So your ghosting week should be out meeting/shopping for gals that go gaga over you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would not tell her that i needed this time to get over her rejection. She distanced herself away from this part of you right? So she doesn't need to know.
    I would also try to avoid lying (always). It is not difficult to avoid yhe direct answers, if she asks.
    The question is - were you friends before you start feeling that you want something more?

0|0
    0|0
  • You say hello and pretend that you never asked her out. If you can't do that then tell her you are sorry but it's going to take a little while.

0|0
    0|0
  • She's not into you bro. Just move on and find the one who can't keep her hands off of you. There's someone out there for you like that. Friend zones do not work!

0|1
    0|0
  • You shouldn’t be doing that. Being friends with a person you have romantic feelings for isn’t a good idea

0|1
    0|0
  • Honesty is usually appreciated. But it varies from person what's considered rude

0|0
    0|0
  • say a joke

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't do that otherwise she will friendzone you

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes