Why is this guy ghosting me?

I am currently living abroad and have been dating a guy who is a native of the country in which i am currently living for around 2 months now and we have slept together about 8 times.
Recently he has stopped talking to me completely.

Around 5 days ago i initiated a convo and he replied but other than that nothing.

Some extra info that may be relevant is that there is a language barrier, we mainly speak in English but he struggles with it a lot. Also, i am due to return to my country in about 6 weeks so this was never destined to be a long term relationship or anything serious. But nonetheless, its hurting my ego!

11