How long should you date someone before getting married?

So I've been dating this handsome man for 2 months. But he absolutely takes my breath way. We feel like we have known each other for 20 years. The connection is deep and nothing physical yet. We both have been married before and want the real dealal ( as in a successful marriage) is this to fast or should we just go for it we're in love.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Engagement was meant to share 1 year together before marriage could happen (or be called off in case of mismatch).
    I think 1-2 year is absolutely necessary to know where you stand and avoid being blinded by the rush of hormones you get in the first few months.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Once you feel sure he is the one you want to spend the rest of your life with
    When you feel that you ca promise him that and you are certain you can keep that promise go for it
    Tomorrow or next year matters not

0|0
    0|0
  • Well it is believed that it takes 3-4 years to really get to know somebody and there is less chance of divorce if you know the person really well. I would say wait 4 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no general rule to this, if you're comfortable with each other, you can go ahead and get married

1|0
    0|0
  • My aunty and unless got married after 3 months and are still happy 50 years later.

Personally it took me 4 years plus both times

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no formula that works for this. Each case is different based on circumstance.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say at least 3 years

0|0
    0|0
  • Years

0|0
    0|0
  • Its diff for diff people

0|0
    0|0
  • Way to fast, id say 6months minimum.